Looking for FSSB R1 or R2 for TM HOTAS Cougar - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-29-2020, 06:00 AM   #1
msmith301

Default Looking for FSSB R1 or R2 for TM HOTAS Cougar

Anyone know where I can get the replacement FSSB R1 or R2 for the Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar. My roll gimbal just snapped in half and I found an article on the Force Sensor Stick Base (FSSB) replacement for the TM gimbal system for the joystick.
Looks like a way better upgrade.
Easy to install and much better performance.
Does the R3 work in the Cougar?
msmith301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 07:47 AM   #2
Dudikoff

Surprised to find these are no longer available from the manufacturer. When I looked a few months ago, they still had the R2 model on offer. But, Miles on the DCS forums has been designing a similar solution, not sure what's the status on that.

R3 would work with the Cougar grip I guess, but as it's intended for the Warthog, you'd need to mount it somehow (normally it mounts on the Warthog base plate).

It also wouldn't interface with the Cougar base electronically so it would be a standalone stick (not sure if it can be made compatible with TM Target). But, you could still plug your old Cougar base to the PC to use the throttle in parallel to this standalone stick.
i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!
Dudikoff is offline   Reply With Quote