336th FU-539 "Dreaded Gomboo/Sweet Rose"

==Wiggy==

This is awkward, I suppose its unavoidable that clashes will occur, but I feel I should give you the heads up out of courtesy. I did this skin for the crew chiefs son: Eric Yocum and updated it for his website a few days ago, I was intending to release it in the next couple of days with some others including the same aircraft when it was handed over to the Taiwanese air force.

I don't want you to think I'm trying anything underhand hence this post.2018rocaf181341.jpg

2018jonp174459.jpg

Edited by BoNidle

No offense here Bo! Yours looks fantastic! I'm still mucking around trying to get the nose paint material to look the way I want it to! That is fantastic that you were able to connect with that crew chiefs son! I love it when real life can collide with this hobby in such a way!

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

Thats a relief, I don't want to upset anyone.

The "collisions" with real life occur quite often. Through skinning for the IL2:46 sim I got to correspond with several WW2 P-51 and P-47, pilots plus provide some illustrations for a book on the history of the 368th Fighter group. Its a big part of why I do this.

Check out Erics website, it's a treasure trove of research photos and just incredibly interesting all round.

You will also see my skins on there under my real name.

http://yocumusa.com/sweetrose/

Edited by BoNidle

Already have that one booked marked my friend! ;). That's where I found the high res images. Those photos reveal much about the detail of the actual wartime aircraft.

Edited by 000rick000

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

@ BoNiddle - Thats a great site mate, well done for your great skins that are there as well, great stuff. Keep it up boys, im also about to release a couple in the next day or two as well.:pilotfly:

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

RELEASED!

DOWNLOAD HERE! Enjoy.

F-86F-30-NA FU-539 "DREADED GOMBOO/SWEET ROSE" Custom Helmet for Pilot Ken Ewing - based on photographs from Crew Chief Wally Yocum's Collection. I've tried to faithfully represent this one as best I can. I could have redone the Fabulous Rocketeers Logo from scratch or used a decal sheet set, but chose to use the image from a rare color high res photo from this bird available in Wally Yocum's collection. So that literally a piece of the real bird is flying with you on this virtual one! It's my way of paying Tribute to those Pilots and Maintainers.

39905599525_d295c4636e_o.jpg

Edited by 000rick000

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

• 1 year later...

***UPDATED TO v2.5.5***

I've also updated s few texture issues that I've always not looked in this one....

Will upload soon.

Here you go....first one out of the block....

Screen_190622_142928.png

Screen_190622_143129.png

Screen_190622_142740.png

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut