The new "retail" version?

Fred00

So I've seen some people (for example NineLine) talk about the "retail" version of the A-10C. How will that work? Will it be a completely new module that those of us who already own the A-10C can buy at a discount? Will it feature a nicely weathered cockpit like the Hornet? Any other upgrades? When will we get some more info? :)

So I've seen some people (for example NineLine) talk about the "retail" version of the A-10C. How will that work? Will it be a completely new module that those of us who already own the A-10C can buy at a discount? Will it feature a nicely weathered cockpit like the Hornet? Any other upgrades? When will we get some more info? :)

Can't find what you're talking about? Got a link?

You probably pay for an upgrade to the module to use E-mavs or a JHMCS or something.

At least thats what the upgrade to the black shark is gonna be. Free new pit for the old one, paid upgrade for a few new features like iglas.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

NL did say that a new, weathered cockpit will be part of a new ‘retail’ version.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

You probably pay for an upgrade to the module to use E-mavs or a JHMCS or something.

At least thats what the upgrade to the black shark is gonna be. Free new pit for the old one, paid upgrade for a few new features like iglas.

It seems there won't be a suite upgrade.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4144628&postcount=77

That post is a reply to my post, and the responses from post #70 onward. Apparently, just a weathered cockpit at the moment.

The retail means that A-10C update is finished and ready for new retail sale.

Not a upgrade to new suite.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

The retail means that A-10C update is finished and ready for new retail sale.

Not a upgrade to new suite.

Uhm:

Following the free A-10C cockpit update, we will be releasing A-10C Warthog 2 in 2020. This will be a dramatic visual and systems upgrade to our A-10C. Once the new features have been finalized, we look forward to sharing them with you.

In addition to DCS: A-10C Warthog 2 being available as a new module that will replace DCS: A-10C Warthog, it will also be available to existing A-10C Warthog owners at a significant discount.

:music_whistling:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Uhm:

:music_whistling:

there are still some systems in the current module that could be "dramatically updated" without making it a newer suite, simply because current implementation is simplified.

smart-munition config, iff, tad+datalink, pave penny, hars, possibly tgp (not sure)...

obviously an additional suite upgrade would be even better...

Edited by twistking

What else could they possibly upgrade? The only thing that was upgraded was the wings, suite 8, the current suite I believe, brought scorpion and IFF mode 5 (which isn't that big of a deal for us really). Relative to our model though, there's a slew of other useability in the hotas/avionics, and the helmet alone would be huge quality of life upgrade.

All of the other talk never happened. No engines, etc. SDB and side looking SAR are still just plans. So again, what else could they change if the model is already upgraded free?

just a dude who probably doesn't know what he's talking about

What else could they possibly upgrade? The only thing that was upgraded was the wings, suite 8, the current suite I believe, brought scorpion and IFF mode 5 (which isn't that big of a deal for us really). Relative to our model though, there's a slew of other useability in the hotas/avionics, and the helmet alone would be huge quality of life upgrade.

All of the other talk never happened. No engines, etc. SDB and side looking SAR are still just plans. So again, what else could they change if the model is already upgraded free?

Sniper (from the F-16), 9X, Scorpion, proper implementation of JDAM (impact angle, azimuth), Complete JTAC overhaul and removal of laser code selection for GBU's from within the cockpit.

I 'm sure I read that when the Lightening pods were fitted most Pave Penny pods were not removed because of budget cuts, system is redundant though.

Snoopy on the forums may pipe in with a more accurate answer.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

I was chatting with him a little earlier, but as sniper got axed from the viper, given its importance to dual pod HTS (HTS can't dual pod litening), I would be surprised if the a-10 got it but viper didn't. One can hope, however.

Most of the other hog changes were minor. Mode 5 per DOD reqs, couple toys for CSEL, IDM for video over SADL and other things, integrated self-protection suite that I doubt will work well (but maybe, Deka good start here). Remember, congress spent 10-years arguing about whether to retire it, so it didn't get much RDT&E appropriations.

Still, most of this is quality of life stuff. I don't know details of the hotas/sensor workflow stuff. But the killer feature is gentex scorpion. ED knows that all of us would pay well for helmet cuing with SADL participant positions displayed.

Honestly I am totally guessing here. Educated guess based on past experience and I could be totally wrong, but I just don't see big changes, more refinements, aside from helmet (or monocle, rather).

just a dude who probably doesn't know what he's talking about

Nope suite 7 plus introduced HMCS and removed the pave penny pod and we’re on suite 9 now. New wings had nothing to do with suite upgrades. Lots of other system changes that obviously the people posted on here don’t understand or know about.

Sounds great...i'm certainly in when its released...

BUT what about backwards compatability with already paid for DLC...will that be guaranteed? (IE Campaigns)

I can't imagine that it wouldn't.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg