[NO BUG]Mi-8 fuel gauge stuck? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-25-2019, 05:47 AM   #1
LewisBarksdale

Default [NO BUG]Mi-8 fuel gauge stuck?

Hi all, my fuel gauge seems to show the same fuel quantity, whether I refuel or not. I've found some other posts indicating similar things maybe happen with other Russian aircraft perhaps because it measures only cumulative fuel flow (as opposed to actual current fuel level), but I'm struggling to find something on this for the Mi-8. I'm also not sure why it indicates the same quantity regardless of how much I start with (from mission start).

Any ideas on what to do?
LewisBarksdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 06:48 AM   #2
QuiGon
Veteran

Have you set the fuel gauge selector to display fuel from the respective tanks you want to see?

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 08:17 AM   #3
Eviscerador

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisBarksdale View Post
Hi all, my fuel gauge seems to show the same fuel quantity, whether I refuel or not. I've found some other posts indicating similar things maybe happen with other Russian aircraft perhaps because it measures only cumulative fuel flow (as opposed to actual current fuel level), but I'm struggling to find something on this for the Mi-8. I'm also not sure why it indicates the same quantity regardless of how much I start with (from mission start).

Any ideas on what to do?
There is a fuel tank selector close to the gauge. By default I think it is set in feed tanks which are always full (except when you are out of fuel in the rest of the tanks)

You need to move the selector switch to the tank you want to see or the full "internal" position.
Old 10-25-2019, 12:22 PM   #4
EagleFox

Theres the switch next to a fuel pumps on foward overhead panel when you refuel the plane you have to set it on up position
EagleFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 05:47 AM   #5
LewisBarksdale

Ah, the fuel gauge selector was the solution. Thanks for the tip!
LewisBarksdale is offline   Reply With Quote