Gear and Hook - have to flick twice?

GunSlingerAUS

I'm using the VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Throttle, but had the same issue with my Warthog - I have assigned a switch (which only registers as a single button press when flicked up, but no button press when in the down position) to gears up, otherwise extended. But when I flick the switch down, my gear stays up. I flick it back up, then down again, and this time it works. Happens every time, and also happens with my hook assignment.

Any idea how to fix this?

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

Hi, you should map the VPC throttle “switch down position” to a button in VPC software, then you can assign/bind the new button in DCS control config.

As the “switch down position” was not mapped in VPC software, to any button by default.

Note: Be careful to operate the VPC software, at the beginning I did some mess and just once I messed up all my previous button config, but was my mistake, and fixed it by reassign all the button to DCS again, nothing shocking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Pokeraccio suggestion doesn't work (or for a Thrustmaster) you will need to play with the .lau files (pretty easy) to make it work both ways. See the sticky (the toggle switch one) at the top of the input/output subforum or do a search.

Edited by rob10

Brilliant, thanks guys. HC_Offic, can I ask which of your many, many thorough tutorials shows how to: " map the VPC throttle “switch down position” to a button in VPC software, then you can assign/bind the new button in DCS control config." ?

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

in button tab, toggle with switch up n down, then note down which physical buttons get hit (eg 30 and 31)

locate the one already bound, change its type to TOGGLE ON (maybe 30 physical or 31)

then go to first free space at bottom list and create a new binding on TOGGLE ON for the one not bound, SAVE VPC DEVICE

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.