Oculus Rift S With DCS World Discussion

Wags

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder if NDA is lifted. A Birdy gave me some perspective on DCS with the Rift S the other day.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Tell us if is good or bad can't break NDA right? ;)

Inviato dal mio Mi MIX 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

I just pre-ordered mine as well. I'll probably leave my CV1 with my old gamer rig. Let the grandkids play on it... :-)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I'm interested in how it compares to the Odyssey. It's either rift S or reverb for me as the next upgrade. I just let my coworker borrow my rift so he could see if it would be something he is in to.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Wonder if NDA is lifted. A Birdy gave me some perspective on DCS with the Rift S the other day.

Good or bad? Its all i need to know for now

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽   🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I would pre-order without a sinlge doubt if it had a mechanical IPD adjustment. Have to hate you Oculus for that.

Do you have a rift CV1? Try to move your IPD slider from max to min and tell me how much does it change. Practically nothing. And I have got 70 mm IPD, the same as Luckey who said rift s would have been a problem for software ipd. I do not believe him. Everyone can do this easy test on his CV1. The difference between max and min IPD is unnoticeable. It is just nothing to worry about.

Also are people buying new headphones? I have other headphones but they are Logitech gaming headphones and they are heavy to wear on top of a headset like this.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I do not have headphones but I'll wait to have rift s in my hands before go shopping for headphones. I'd like very much to use a premium headphones set in VR (I love corsair void pro rgb), but I have to do accurate measures on the HMD to be sure a headset like corsair's can be worn without issues. If it won't be possible, I'll go for some earphones (there are good quality ones on the market).

I do not have headphones but I'll wait to have rift s in my hands before go shopping for headphones. I'd like very much to use a premium headphones set in VR (I love corsair void pro rgb), but I have to do accurate measures on the HMD to be sure a headset like corsair's can be worn without issues. If it won't be possible, I'll go for some earphones (there are good quality ones on the market).
Yea which is why I am also waiting for reviews because earphones would also have to have a mic too if you wanted to talk in multiplayer or use Viacom in DCS. I know for a fact my Logitech g933 headset would be too bulky to wear on top of the rift S. Also I heard Oculus is thinking of coming out with attachment headphones for it.

Yea which is why I am also waiting for reviews because earphones would also have to have a mic too if you wanted to talk in multiplayer or use Viacom in DCS. I know for a fact my Logitech g933 headset would be too bulky to wear on top of the rift S. Also I heard Oculus is thinking of coming out with attachment headphones for it.

Does rift s not have an integrated mic? By the way, I use voiceattack with my logitec webcam mic, not the one of CV1, and it works flawlessly, so the lack of a mic would not be a great issue to me.

I have the arctis 7 from steelseries, very lightweight and optimal sound and mic quality!

I use that with also the cv1.

But the cost is so high :(

I almost bought those when I was looking for headsets for PC. The Logitech were cheaper at the time and had better reviews. I also preferred the small USB dongle which made it easy to work with my Xbox X and PS4 pro too.

You could get earphones for sound and just use the mic in the Rift S.

Probably what I will do. I don't want to wear another headset with headphones in addition to the Rift S.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

You could get earphones for sound and just use the mic in the Rift S.

Probably what I will do. I don't want to wear another headset with headphones in addition to the Rift S.

Yea if it has a mic built in I have a pair of headphones I can use. But I'll wait for reviews first to see how it compares to the odyssey. I may just end up with the HP reverb, that one also does not have an ipd adjuster.

Do you have a rift CV1? Try to move your IPD slider from max to min and tell me how much does it change. Practically nothing. And I have got 70 mm IPD, the same as Luckey who said rift s would have been a problem for software ipd. I do not believe him. Everyone can do this easy test on his CV1. The difference between max and min IPD is unnoticeable. It is just nothing to worry about.

Absolute nonsense. All this based on "your" experience. One unit among thousands. Get a grip mate.

The IPD slider has a dramatic effect on many people. Just go to the Oculus forums and look at some of the threads there. Not everyone's eyes are the same width apart but I'm guessing yours are incredibly close together or dramatically far apart that you can see a predator at your 180 which answers many questions.

Edited by Mule

Makes a huge difference for me. Especially noticeble with the Oculus calibration cross - goes from very sharp vertical lines to complete blurry.

i5-9600K@4.8GHz 32Gb DDR4 Asus TUF rtx3080 OC Quest Pro Warthog on Virpil base

Makes a huge difference for me. Especially noticeble with the Oculus calibration cross - goes from very sharp vertical lines to complete blurry.

Yes same here.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Absolute nonsense. All this based on "your" experience. One unit among thousands. Get a grip mate.

The IPD slider has a dramatic effect on many people. Just go to the Oculus forums and look at some of the threads there. Not everyone's eyes are the same width apart but I'm guessing yours are incredibly close together or dramatically far apart that you can see a predator at your 180 which answers many questions.

:megalol:

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Tell us if is good or bad can't break NDA right? ;)

Considering reviews are posted for it I'll tell you what my source told me. His results in DCS were good. He had an opportunity to compare it directly to the Vive Pro and prefered the image in the Rift S to the Vive Pro. I'm unsure of his IPD so results could vary, but overall impression was enough to choose that over the vive pro. I can only imagine it had to do with the impact full RGB makes on clarity.

No physical ipd adjustment what are these developers thinking? Cancelled my order. Having the ipd exactly dialed is by far the most important thing with any type of optics.:doh:

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

Well, maybe we are all different. I do not have a monster head or big black fly eyes on both sides of my head, and my ipd is 70 mm. Changing ipd slider has a slight impact on the green cross sharpness during calibration test, but almost no effect during gameplay. This Is my experience. Maybe I'm Just lucky, but I advise to try changing ipd during gameplay to check its impact on you. I've tried It, and as far as I'm concerned I Will order my Rift s with confidence.