GPU question

Manuel_108

Hi

Is it possible/realistic to start the 101 without external power?

It's not permitted to start without a GPU, as the electrical load destroys the batteries (it's electric start; the engine is equipped with a starter/generator).

Best regards,

Tango.

So basically you can do it, the instruments won't work after that though? I tried and the engines started just fine without the GPU

___

Edit: My batteries are fine nevertheless

Thats because you have a new plane every flight ;) my friends

The batteries are not meant to be replaced every flight.

Imagine the RL scenario: You might start the engines, and the remaining power of the batteries might be enough to last one flight in combination with the generator power if they were brand new.

But once you landed ... you will be facing a very angry mechanic team and your CO's face would be red hot ... not a pleasant experience. After the yelling you would get grounded.

That being said, this is a computer game. I don't think making a battery life simulator is necessary , is it?

It is possible, and it's only performed by maintenance ground crew. As Tango said, the excessive load on the batteries are critical, and pilots are no allowed to start the engine without GPU.

Batteries comsumptions are not implemented yet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's not permitted to start without a GPU, as the electrical load destroys the batteries (it's electric start; the engine is equipped with a starter/generator).

Best regards,

Tango.

Is such interesting feature implemented? :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a fresh C101 in my hangar and ... yes, started it without GPU.

I apologize for treting it so bad - my only excuse is: I didnt know :cry:

Anyway: This topic raises another question - does that mean I'm not able to start the engine during flight?

Spec: i7 3.4GHz; 16GB; NVidia GTX 970, 4GB; win10; 24' 1080; TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR5