mid mission - suddenly out of cockpit view and cannot reset?

This is the first time i have encountered something like this and i am baffled.

Mission 1 over france and engaging with enemy fighters. No damage to my aircraft, no hits but manouevring. Suddenly i am out of the cockpit watching my aircaft as if i pressed F2 and AI is now flying. Nothing i could do to jump back in to the cockpit. No matter how many times i hit F1 or checked and rechecked the controls and configurations. In the end i had to just abandon the mission as there was nothing i could do further.

Anyone else seen this? Is it some sort of weird bug where AI takes over and kicks me out or what?

Hi TED,

This is definitely the first time I hear this, and it doesn't sound like a mission design issue. I have 2 guesses:

a) you got killed by a single sniper shot out of nowhere, and the F2 view was not your aircraft (NL+B), but your wingman.

Solution: fly the mission again, and see if it happens, and if it does, check the ID letters of the plane in F2 view.

b) your DCS install got corrupted somehow.

Solution: run a repair on the DCS.exe , that usualy gets rid of weird issues like this.

Let me know how it works out, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Hi TED,

This is definitely the first time I hear this, and it doesn't sound like a mission design issue. I have 2 guesses:

a) you got killed by a single sniper shot out of nowhere, and the F2 view was not your aircraft (NL+B), but your wingman.

Solution: fly the mission again, and see if it happens, and if it does, check the ID letters of the plane in F2 view.

b) your DCS install got corrupted somehow.

Solution: run a repair on the DCS.exe , that usualy gets rid of weird issues like this.

Let me know how it works out, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks for the reply. I will try it again today and see if i can somehow re-create it. I suppose the sniper option is possible although I think i was at about 15,000ft at the time. In hindsight I should have checked a few more details such as the aircraft number, so I will make sure I do this in the future with any confusing issues.

Could it be the pilot died of hypoxia?

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM