We owe Yo-Yo a BIG THANK YOU!

It's been two weeks ( more than that ) testing 1.5 beta, and most of the time flying SP or MP the Bf 109 K4.

I think it has reached a final version state. Yes there can be still some minor fine tuning tasks to do, like adjusting the wheel brakes, and probably the number of turns needed to fully deploy the flaps, but, it's mostly ready for delivery :-)

The most important aspect for me is still the way it "flies", and that's where it really shines. The attention to the details looks great, and while I do not have much books about ww2, looking at the specifications in the K4 manual ( ED version ) it adheres to it all :-)

The new control stiffness algorithm is IMO simply the best I've seen implemented among the various sims I use. The blackouts are now an important limitation to make it an even more realistic and balanced opponent to the p51d.

Now we just need further ww2 fighters and bombers :-)

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• Like 1

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

I agree with you Jcomm, i love the "Messerschmitt", a few more tweaks, but the plane is a beauty ! Well done to YO-YO and DCS.

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

It's been two weeks ( more than that ) testing 1.5 beta, and most of the time flying SP or MP the Bf 109 K4.

I think it has reached a final version state. Yes there can be still some minor fine tuning tasks to do, like adjusting the wheel brakes, and probably the number of turns needed to fully deploy the flaps, but, it's mostly ready for delivery :-)

The most important aspect for me is still the way it "flies", and that's where it really shines. The attention to the details looks great, and while I do not have much books about ww2, looking at the specifications in the K4 manual ( ED version ) it adheres to it all :-)

The new control stiffness algorithm is IMO simply the best I've seen implemented among the various sims I use. The blackouts are now an important limitation to make it an even more realistic and balanced opponent to the p51d.

Now we just need further ww2 fighters and bombers :-)

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

+1, I like it too. :)

Very happy that I am able to get an idea what WW II pilots was fighting with back in the days.

(and that goes for the P-51 and Dora as well. :))

So, thanks from me too. :)

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

The BF109 is for me the plane that is by far not near the behavior I can see in RL vids. And this auto stick pull behavior is the worst thing for me. I will never understand why we must simulate how a flight stick would be act in a simulated world.

That would be like we RC plane drivers would use a simulation for our radios to fly our planes. Would be a total stupid thing for us!

Our flight sticks are like the sticks on my radio controller, so why should I try to simulate a simulated input within a simulation?

If you like it, it's ok, but to force the sim pilots to use this is a little bit strange for me. I don't like it and for me it's the thing for most problems I have with the DCS planes!

But I am thankful for all his work.. that’s for sure.. even I don't like every point of his work!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11Pro, 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD, HOTAS: TM Warthog, Paddles: MfG.

• ED Team
The BF109 is for me the plane that is by far not near the behavior I can see in RL vids. And this auto stick pull behavior is the worst thing for me. I will never understand why we must simulate how a flight stick would be act in a simulated world.

That would be like we RC plane drivers would use a simulation for our radios to fly our planes. Would be a total stupid thing for us!

Our flight sticks are like the sticks on my radio controller, so why should I try to simulate a simulated input within a simulation?

If you like it, it's ok, but to force the sim pilots to use this is a little bit strange for me. I don't like it and for me it's the thing for most problems I have with the DCS planes!

But I am thankful for all his work.. that’s for sure.. even I don't like every point of his work!

Yes, it should be more like youTube videos and RC planes!!!

:crash:

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

who is YO-YO?

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Kinda side-tracking here, but does Yo-Yo only work on ED internal PFM flight models, or does he support 3rd party developers to developer theirs as well? Correct me if I am wrong, but I am not sure that all 3rd party devs might have the skillset on-par with Yo-Yo...

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Truly Dima...you are a genius. DCS wouldn't be what it is today without you...and the rest of the artists (engineers, artists, designers etc etc) at ED. There are still little things you guys did with the detail in the BF109...and infact with every aircraft....even in the 1.5 EDGE engine that is just amazing. I can't believe how amazing it is with the awesome visibility in 1.5.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

I will never understand why we must simulate how a flight stick would be act in a simulated world.

You are locking yourself out of understanding something you state you don't understand.

Would you understand the simulation of the "Flybywire" system of Su-27? The fact that your input might be denied by the FBW? If yes then you can understand that the same can happen when the reality of physics denies your input. For sure applying such tech has limitations... because the way such simulation work (the digital medium to say in short) bad side effects can appear and then a balance has to be made. That balance... can be debatable by some. It's normal.

Remember anamorphic controls in BoB?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 3 weeks later...

That Yo-Yo is just top notch!

About time you gave us a chopper Yo-Yo!

May I suggest the Loach? :D

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

The DCS Dora and P-51 simulate landings better than the multimillion dollar sims we train on in the airlines.

Yo-Yo willingness to communicate with the community and knowledge really makes DCS top notch!

Answers to most important questions ATC can ask that every pilot should memorize:

1. No, I do not have a pen. 2. Indicating 250

• ED Team
He kicked it off whit the KA-50, and it got better from there.

Not to add bronze... but only for info: Mi-8 physics was written by ED as well. :)

And I am very grateful for the community attitude... thank you very much for your kind words!

And do not forget the programmers who wrote all these models, because it is a great job to arrange all that physics and math to the robust code. These guys are very rare guests on the forum, so I'd like to thank all of them:

Maxim, Eugen and Roman (see the game credits :) )

And do not forget all those who design and program systems and all that jazz. :)

Edited by Yo-Yo
  • Like 2

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

I know Yo-Yo, there's much more behind the scenes, and I was aware of that when I made the original post in this thread, but as much as I appreciate all components of a flight simulator, with emphasis to the flight dynamics and overall physics modeling in the very first place, closely followed by weather modeling and then scenery, truth is it was / and it is actually because of the flight dynamics in the very first place that I keep using DCS, since I couldn't be less interested in the simulation of any sort of War...

And, it's actually due to the extraordinary work you've been doing in all of the ED ( and not only ) modules that I've found in DCS World what I now consider the most powerful general combat flight simulation ( but flight simulation in the broad side too ) platform available for the PC market.

P.S.: There are changes in the graphics of the K4 as well, particularly noticeable in the canopy. Looks even better, and not Yo-Yo's stuff :-)

Edited by jcomm

Hats off to Yo-Yo, not only a master at his work, but also a very communicative and humble person. Seriously, where else does the chief FM engineer answer all the communities questions (which pop up like every 5 minutes, because everyone is the expert :joystick:) with such patience and professionalism.

Also, what is this all about? :huh: I have trouble understanding. Last time I checked there was nothing out of the ordinary with the stick behavior.

Hats off to Yo-Yo, not only a master at his work, but also a very communicative and humble person. Seriously, where else does the chief FM engineer answer all the communities questions (which pop up like every 5 minutes, because everyone is the expert :joystick:) with such patience and professionalism.

Also, what is this all about? :huh: I have trouble understanding. Last time I checked there was nothing out of the ordinary with the stick behavior.

I have a friend who is an aeronautical engineer, teaching at on of Lisbon's universities. I've invited him several times to fly with me ( glider flight ), but he refuses and always confesses he's really afraid of flying, even more a light aircraft...

I just think that maybe the only thing Yo-Yo misses is being a pilot. He should really get his hands on the kind of stuff he so beautifully assembles first in model, then on pseudo-code ( assuming he is not a programmer too )...

• ED Team

Next week or so be might be less active as he is on a research trip ;)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I wish him the best METARs for the Spitfire ride :-)

:thumbup:

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.