Eurofighter typhoon

I am the original designer of the Typhoon so RAF has to ask me first....so that we have here at ED the sim aircraft.

i am glad you like the pic so do i heres another one

I think you find it is the consortium who will have the rights to anything and not the individual designer.

I am the original designer of the Typhoon so RAF has to ask me first....so that we have here at ED the sim aircraft.

i am glad you like the pic so do i heres another one

mhmm....

the Original Designer....just like pierre sprey was the "original" designer of the F16?

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Hey....tell both IndiaFoxTechno VEAO and ED that they need authorization from the design maker of the Thyphoon and almost every other military jet.

Here is a beatiful picture of the Thyphoon.

Have a look at the contract you signed, when working for the company that built the thing... There should be a clause concerning ownership of work results etc. ...and I am pretty sure it doesn't say anything about "the designer" holding rights. :D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Can't say I'm surprised most of the contracts haven't been auto renewed. I know I certainly wouldn't do it if the party involved hasn't actually managed to deliver in 3 years.

Surprised the P40F not being renewed due to the progress shown.

As an aside, have you guys recieved the new 3d model for the Typhoon yet? I seem to recall Ells has been waiting for months for it.

Also, :lol: at the people believing frodrigues2016.

Edited by Buzzles
To clarify:

We were notified on Friday that TFC would not be renewing our existing contracts that had a 3 year term on them and when the module is closer to release we can seek a contract under new terms from ED.

We are currently evaluating the contract terms with our legal team and discussing the matter with TFC and ED.

That's all I can say on the matter right now.

So as it stands today we are no longer in contract with TFC/ED for the following:

HA-112 Hipano Buchon

Supermarine Spitfire Mk XIV

F8F Bearcat

Curtis P-40F

Typhoon

As you can imagine this was a bit of a shock to us and we are evaluating our position currently.

An official post will be made when things are clearer. Please give us time to deal with this news.

Thanks,

Chris.

Good luck VEAO. Very much hope things work out in the end. We need you!

Happy landings,

Bell_UH-1 side.png

• ED Team
Are we to understand from this statement that VEAO does not have a DCS License for their Eurofighter Typhoon?

They will need to re-apply once they get closer to release again. They had 3 year development agreements on certain modules they wished to develop, those have expired without enough work being completed.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Very shocking :cry: hope you guys at VEAO make a comeback at least with the Eurofighter.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

I'm not really astonished. In the last few years, VEAO has just managed to get the Hawk from an entire list working, which is still in "early access" status. At this development-speed one would have to live three times in order to experience the realization of the other projects. :(

It can sound astonishing.... But if you have a group of game developers, not all can work all the time on the same project. Like if having three 3D modelers, two programmers, one texture artist, two testers, one consultant for informations etc.

Then it usually means that programmers are working all the time on couple different projects while consultant is searching information etc. The 3D modelers are working on couple projects same time and texture artist waiting everyone. And all needs to go in the correct order so everyone is waiting everyone while someone is finishing own project schedule.

Yes, I am little surprised about the amount of modules that were licensed already for 3 year contract. Like how many is anyways possible to be released in 3 year period? I could have thought that 2-3 so that 1-2 is released after 3 years, 1 is ready to go after 1-2 and third is to be finished in a year or two after two first.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

They will need to re-apply once they get closer to release again. They had 3 year development agreements on certain modules they wished to develop, those have expired without enough work being completed.

For a community manager, you seem to know quite a bit about ED's 3rd party development contractual obligations. On the other hand, maybe this is common knowledge around here? Nethertheless, this may come across as being sage advice to those that seek third party approval status in the near future.

Thanks SiTh, you are a pillar of knowledge, if not a curiosity at times. 07

Edited by Axion
Dyslexia

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64

To clarify:

We were notified on Friday that TFC would not be renewing our existing contracts that had a 3 year term on them and when the module is closer to release we can seek a contract under new terms from ED.

We are currently evaluating the contract terms with our legal team and discussing the matter with TFC and ED.

That's all I can say on the matter right now.

So as it stands today we are no longer in contract with TFC/ED for the following:

HA-112 Hipano Buchon

Supermarine Spitfire Mk XIV

F8F Bearcat

Curtis P-40F

Typhoon

As you can imagine this was a bit of a shock to us and we are evaluating our position currently.

An official post will be made when things are clearer. Please give us time to deal with this news.

Thanks,

Chris.

VEVO - how could you assign all those aircrafts as your work items while you had nothing more than 1 (which is still unfinished today, lol) module in your oeuvre those 3 years ago? And you're saying you're shocked now? This is so amateurish. You don't know it. But I know it. Everybody knows it.

ED - how could you allow unexperienced companies to block that big number of aircrafts at one time?

• Like 1

Waaaaa

VEVO - how could you assign all those aircrafts as your work items while you had nothing more than 1 (which is still unfinished today, lol) module in your oeuvre those 3 years ago? And you're saying you're shocked now? This is so amateurish. You don't know it. But I know it. Everybody knows it.

ED - how could you allow unexperienced companies to block that big number of aircrafts at one time?

Maybe they both know things you don't know... Despite your claim of omnipotence. ;)

Let's wait for an official information, before starting the guessing game, again, shall we?

Edit ...and they are called VEAO.

• Like 1

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Let's not deny the evidence shagrat, shall we? :)

As I said, you miss out on a lot of information due to NDA etc.

The evidence is most likely not even half the story.

Shagrat

As I said, you miss out on a lot of information due to NDA etc.

The evidence is most likely not even half the story.

for sure we dont know everything, but if you wait to know everything to make a judgement you would never make one. It is obvious that they had reserved a very long list of planes and in the end they could do only 1 which is still unfinished and in a bad shape. Whatever the reasons are, other devs have done much more in less time.

you dont need to know more to acknowledge the failure there.

• Like 1
Or imply things you couldn't possibly know shall we? :)

Pman

What did I imply that I couldnt know then? You reserved a long list of planes that you couldnt do? You did only one module and it is not in an acceptable state? other devs in less time did a lot better. These are public information.

Sad to say but I fully support ED's decision and frankly, if the contract did indeed have productivity / deliverables expectations as most contracts do, the fact this comes as a surprise to VEAO management doesn't do anything to inspire confidence in their ability to manage any of these projects to an acceptable quality / timeframe.

Hopefully this is (at last) the kick in the pants they need to start actually delivering on at least some of the quite grandiose promises they've made in the past. I sincerely hope they can as they seem like a cool bunch of nerds with some very cool goals, but they're gonna have to work hard to regain trust and contracts.

• Like 1
What did I imply that I couldnt know then? You reserved a long list of planes that you couldnt do? You did only one module and it is not in an acceptable state? other devs in less time did a lot better. These are public information.

What we make public and what actually happens are two very different things.

You guys will have to accept that you never know how much work goes on, especially as we have made and stand by the decision not to show modules in development.

You are welcome to speculate as much as you wish, but that is all it is

Pman

for sure we dont know everything, but if you wait to know everything to make a judgement you would never make one. It is obvious that they had reserved a very long list of planes and in the end they could do only 1 which is still unfinished and in a bad shape. Whatever the reasons are, other devs have done much more in less time.

you dont need to know more to acknowledge the failure there.

You are probably right... As all guys on a forum are, usually. Let's say from where I stand, it looks a bit different.

Shagrat

With all due respect, you planned to release Typhoon in 2014 and have been talking about it since 2013.

To this day, we haven't seen anything about it at all. Not even a 3d model.

To me this seems like vapourware and the statement made by SithSpawn seems to support this notion.

You can say "NDA" and "we are not showing modules in progress" as many times as you want, but after all these years, it seems to me that DCS Typhoon doesn't exist at all.

• Like 1

You guys will have to accept that you never know how much work goes on, especially as we have made and stand by the decision not to show modules in development.

Pman

Pman, I am not speculating. Where did I say that you didnt do any progress on your internal modules. Point me to my post please.

What I am saying is that after 3 years, you have produced one module that is not in a good shape while other devs did much better. Now this is a hard fact and in my opinion it is a failure. Everybody does fail at some point in time. Important that you rebound. Time will show if you will.

Pman

Yes, we do not know. That is the core of the spirit of "Public Relations" (instead being propaganda) that company/authority/person is better to control the publicity instead not being able control what is going on.

I don't want to be negative of the any third party developers or the ED, but the DCS community relationship to every developer is fairly special case compared to many other company. And we are after all talking about very niche market compared to what many other company has when it comes to incomes and classifications, licensing etc.

Like AAA title game developer can easily get tens of millions funding, then generate hundreds of millions profits and maintain a hundreds of employees etc.

But they have very easy time compared to Sim makers as the customer base is different kind, that doesn't really work so easily with the hype like young people get hyped about new Call of Duty or new Battlefield etc.

And that is as well the problem that when kids are easily dropping a 50-60€ per month to a new game, simulator audience looks to be more about the older generation that does have the money, but doesn't have the time. So instead about money, they want something back to the time. And that time as well includes the time they spend to wait the product they want, not just to use that product.

And we are talking easily about years. It is like a movie industry when the movie ends with the hints about the second one to come 2-3 years from the release of the first one.

Here we are talking about public relationship where the balance is very crucial and the communication that what is happening. As so many project will fall down if it doesn't proceed forward, and even worse is that when the future customers has no idea what is the time table or the progress. If that can't be given, then it is better not to announce any plans or ideas at all, at all, until it is ready to go in short period of the time.

Like we can look the problems the ED has caused with the ED store and Steam system. First we could swap between easily the two distribution systems. Then standalone was stopped to be usable to the Steam, and now the Steam is totally isolated from the standalone that you can't even use the new keys from there in the standalone. So there are two distribution systems, two different userbases and both are in different release schedule etc. Lots of problem causes that are directly done to the customers. Regardless what is happening at background, it will generate negative impact to the customer base.

The same thing is with the modules with the official or un-official hints etc that will always generate the negativity when it isn't controlled. As leaving customers/users/citizens etc guessing, it is just bad.

Like looking the "Sniper"something forum member who alone was developing a Mig-23ML'something module, he got a huge support from the community by periodic small updates. No one cared when there came silent periods or process was slower etc. As the people saw the progress and they understood when something wasn't proceeding forward as planned. This is because the majority of the people will understand when bad things happens because they are happy that they are informed about it instead tried to "hide it".

Personally I haven't been waiting a Eurofighter Typhoon, because I didn't care about it. I didn't wait F-14 nor F-18 either. But after a couple years I have started to wait them, only after the tiny information releases and reveals.

The same thing was with the Harrier, seeing something very simple basic 3D modeling that was from alpha state to come to see more and more with youtube videos, screenshots etc generates the trust and believe.

The C-101 has same effect, very slow and long time development, but they have shown more and more videos, more progress reports etc and it has generated more demand for those because that among people who wasn't interested in the first place to them!

And then having a modules or features that are like mystical unicorns that no one has seen, heard or know anything else than they exist, it will just tear up the customerbase in the time. Yes, many will come and buy it once such gets released, but meanwhile the attitude toward company/authority etc turns easily around to negative ones and goes viral from smallest negative report.

As customers/buyers/citizens/people are like small kids on a long driving trip. You need to get their interest stay up with small periodic updates. And if something negative is coming, it needs to be bonded with the positive things so it doesn't get to be received as negative.

Like in this case, announcing that Eurofighter Typhoon isn't likely coming because licensing problems, release screenshots of the project status showing how far and how much it was done so that the developer itself is let down by someone else and it will show to fans/customers etc that time spent waiting it wasn't wasted.

It is every company/authority/government/etc business how they want to do their business. But often it would be great thing for many when there is openness and progress reports for those who should feed you. It is same thing with everything from relationships to business or whole country leading, that small efforts toward others is required and total silent and going behind "It is a secret" will eventually turn against you and badly if it can't be delivered what is first hinted.

Now what has happened, is that a spouse found out about engagement plans, waiting and waiting the time when the propose would come, finally only to see that other just ran off with a another person suddenly....

Personally I don't care about Eurofighter Typhoon anymore, as I didn't see any progress from it. And now with this kind news, for me it is exactly the common affect that comes from this kind situations, I just move along with a different attitude than developers or publisher would like at all.

So either go totally silent and never, ever say anything (a la ED) until it is almost ready. Or then build a public relationship and go forward all the things that is just possible. We have many examples like AH-1, Mi-24 etc.

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.