** F-14 TCS & ALQ-100 WiP **

Cobra847

This is highly representative of the appearance in fleet Tomcats. I can attest to that from both my airshow experience (20-25 years ago...) and the appearance in pictures.

Its a "high-touch" area and would get pretty worn and touched-up. Paint on the ALQ-100 antennae was variable depending on wear, but this overall appearance is perfect to my eye for an active line-bird. :)

-Nick

Thank you! Awesome.

Skickat från min D5803 via Tapatalk

those are some really good textures! we'll think we're flying for real!!!

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

:thumbup:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To every person that comments about THEIR FPS. With all due respect.

Ill buy a new PC. Make the graphics even better if you can! Nice video, looks good.

Edited by BIGNEWY
1.2 Forum members must treat each other with respect and tolerance.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

Ill buy a new PC. Make the graphics even better if you can! Nice video, looks good.

You'll buy a new PC? With all due respect, your PC is almost the best you can get in performance. Not much a new PC will achieve.

Edited by BIGNEWY
edited quote

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

From the comments here Im pretty sure that most people don't understand how this works. A highly detailed 3d model is sculpted which is then used to create a lower detailed model, which looks almost exactly the same, courtesy of some sorcerous texture and specular map voodoo magic. ;)

Suffice to say that the F14 will look great, but won't affect performance as much as people think it will.

I have a confession to make. Im more excited about this than I am for Eagle Dynamic's upcoming Hornet. In fact I don't think any other future upcoming module can or will get me as hyped as the Tomcat. I don't know who to blame for that. I think it's a combination of the F14 being the most iconic and graceful Naval fighter jet ever made, and Heatblur/Leatherneck's brilliant work on their previous modules.

Yes Im stoked. Im ready for Nevada trials. I don't even need the carrier. I don't even need the weapons. I don't even need to fly her. Even a RIO seat would suit me just fine :)

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I am going to pay in compensation for the damages I have caused, for my jaw fell through 2 floors and made a hole in the concrete of our basement... I am sorry neighbors.

If you continue animating this good I'll think that you just filmed the real thing and photo-shopped out the surroundings!

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

Buy VR first and you'll see LN planes are very unusable. Mig21 as an example - stuttering as hell in VR. I wount buy anything eye candy looking from exLN. It just don't fit to the age of VR.

So you can choose the right word for yourself buddy.

Отправлено с моего SM-N910C через Tapatalk

Edited by BIGNEWY
edited quote

Buy VR first and you'll see LN planes are very unusable. Mig21 as an example - stuttering as hell in VR. I wount buy anything eye candy looking from exLN. It just don't fit to the age of VR.

So you can choose the right word for yourself buddy.

with his spec he wont have an issue with LN/Heatblur proudcts in VR.

I have the same spec but with a normal MSI GTX1080 and I have no stutter in Mig21 and Viggen.

with his spec he wont have an issue with LN/Heatblur proudcts in VR.

I have the same spec but with a normal MSI GTX1080 and I have no stutter in Mig21 and Viggen.

I have also msi 1080 & i7 3770 @3.8GHz. No way I can use LN stuff especially in the open alpha.

Two threads with stutter complaints in the Mig forum with not even a comment from the devs. Looks like everybody's busy with 3D artwork.

I have also msi 1080 & i7 3770 @3.8GHz. No way I can use LN stuff especially in the open alpha.

Two threads with stutter complaints in the Mig forum with not even a comment from the devs. Looks like everybody's busy with 3D artwork.

Please can you post a link to one of those threads? I also have to remind you that Leatherneck and Heatblur are no longer the same developer, so this is a little bit offtopic.

Not to mention the fact that you have the option to drop your graphics settings. Instead of doing that, you chose to complain on the forum, in another developer's section, about a module that is still in development.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Please can you post a link to one of those threads? I also have to remind you that Leatherneck and Heatblur are no longer the same developer, so this is a little bit offtopic.

Not to mention the fact that you have the option to drop your graphics settings. Instead of doing that, you chose to complain on the forum, in another developer's section, about a module that is still in development.

This is an important distinction to make. We're not responsible for the MiG-21 (any more).

I fly in VR frequently and our Viggen performs decently on a 1080 + i5 6600K, even with deferred rendering on.

There's always room for improvement however.

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Man, that's a very cocky thing to say, especially considering the fact that you have a top notch PC that I wouldn't be able to afford in a year... I'm planning to spend 50-60 USD on my Tomcat, not 1250-60. With all due respect...

Fortunately Cobra said it won't be harder on FPS than the Viggen. I don't have it, but the 21 runs like a dream in 1.5.

Sure, here you go:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=188549

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=186398

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=185700

(You wount find a comment from the devs especially in the recent threads from above.)

No offense here, but I dont buy comments like "its not our baby anymore". That was the product created by literally the same team that is working on F14 and MIG was never finished and never performance efficient. Too bad since I like a prototype a lot and wanted to have it in the DCS for ages. I dont have Viggen (actually its probably the only module I didnt buy for DCS) because of the concern of performance.

For exLN products I can say that 3D work is a masterpiece, no doubt about it, but the art of game design is to build a product that is good in all aspects, graphics, usability and performance. That is my opinion.

Man, that's a very cocky thing to say, especially considering the fact that you have a top notch PC that I wouldn't be able to afford in a year... I'm planning to spend 50-60 USD on my Tomcat, not 1250-60. With all due respect...

Fortunately Cobra said it won't be harder on FPS than the Viggen. I don't have it, but the 21 runs like a dream in 1.5.

Not just cocky but completely uncalled for since only 3 people in all the posts before his even mentioned FPS rates and most just voiced concerns that it might be slow. Most people can't afford a new computer just to have one plane work well.

Putting that aside... I don't have the Viggen (since I'm saving the money for this one and the F-18) but I hope the rates will be ok. I'll even lower some settings just to make sure :smilewink: I'm really really excited for the release so I can try it. :D

Modules:

Owned:

P-51D, F/A-18C, AJS-37, NTTR, F-5E, M-2000C, Bf 109, Fw 190 D-9, F-86F, Mig-15Bis, A-10C, Combined Arms, Mi-8Mtv2, UH-1H, Black Shark 2, Mig-21Bis, FC3, F-14A/B, Mig-19, Spitfire, JF-17, Persian Gulf

Would Like to See:

Mig-29K, Su-24, Mig-25, J-8II, J-10 , Tornado

Specifications:

Windows 10 64Bit, i7-7700K 4.2Ghz, GTX 1080, 16Gb RAM, T.flight Stick X

Here's a look at the wireframe of the sensor in the video. As you'll note, there is no superfluous geometry.

We use a AAA standard baking and sculpting workflow to generate surface detail in our normalmaps.

8WImxkf.png

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

Sure, here you go:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=188549

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=186398

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=185700

(You wount find a comment from the devs especially in the recent threads from above.)

No offense here, but I dont buy comments like "its not our baby anymore". That was the product created by literally the same team that is working on F14 and MIG was never finished and never performance efficient. Too bad since I like a prototype a lot and wanted to have it in the DCS for ages. I dont have Viggen (actually its probably the only module I didnt buy for DCS) because of the concern of performance.

For exLN products I can say that 3D work is a masterpiece, no doubt about it, but the art of game design is to build a product that is good in all aspects, graphics, usability and performance. That is my opinion.

It would be best to judge us based on the Viggen, rather than the MiG-21. While, yes, I built the MiG-21 cockpit, performance concerns for the MiG-21 have no relevance on Heatblur products.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

It would be best to judge us based on the Viggen, rather than the MiG-21. While, yes, I built the MiG-21 cockpit, performance concerns for the MiG-21 have no relevance on Heatblur products.

for me, the Viiggen has good performance in VR and I set the graphic options rather high.

However, let's get back on topic

I dont have Viggen (actually its probably the only module I didnt buy for DCS) because of the concern of performance.

So you are making a judgment about the performance of the F14 (a module that isn't even out yet) based on the performance of a module you don't own. Yeah, makes a lot of sense. /s

You are certainly entitled to an opinion, however as Cobra has stated, Heatblur are no longer responsible for the development of the Mig21. Even with their best intentions the responsibility for performance improvements, bug fixes, for 2.1 lies with the developer who is currently responsible for the module.