That is from more than two years ago.
Airhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 11:41 AM   #12
QuiGon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhunter View Post
That is from more than two years ago.
So? I don't see that anything has changed about this.

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:13 PM   #13
Eldur

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGon View Post
Already discussed at length here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3244974
IIRC he also said in one of the podcast/livestream interviews around the release of the Tomcat that it will be a multi-engine jet, but don't quote me on that.
That was an "advanced multicrew jet with an air to ground radar" IIRC. So, basically a Tornado IDS
Old 10-09-2019, 02:47 PM   #14
Airhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldur View Post
That was an "advanced multicrew jet with an air to ground radar" IIRC. So, basically a Tornado IDS
If anything it'll be the A-6E, most likely, since they already got the external model for that (as an AI unit).
Airhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:22 PM   #15
alexkon3

"The A-6’s are built to our extremely exacting standards, with laser scanning forming the basis of our core workflow and ensuring complete accuracy in shape and dimensions. The Intruder is an aircraft that has been under active development at Heatblur Simulations for some time, and subject to a license agreement, we hope to eventually introduce it into DCS world as a full, playable module - and we are developing it with this intent in mind."

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...05#post3612905
alexkon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 10:04 PM   #16
MobiSev

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkon3 View Post
"The A-6’s are built to our extremely exacting standards, with laser scanning forming the basis of our core workflow and ensuring complete accuracy in shape and dimensions. The Intruder is an aircraft that has been under active development at Heatblur Simulations for some time, and subject to a license agreement, we hope to eventually introduce it into DCS world as a full, playable module - and we are developing it with this intent in mind."

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...05#post3612905
ahhh...nice!

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B
MobiSev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 05:01 PM   #17
Jester986

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGon View Post
So? I don't see that anything has changed about this.
I would take any speculation about future modules with a grain of salt. Heatblur got bought by a company that does real world aviation and government contracting. I'm glad they got a payday and hopefully it gives them more resources to bring us quality modules with. Unfortunately it's equally likely that they will be working on non DCS projects and the promised assets (ai J-35, ai A-6, Forrestal, campaigns, A model) are the last we will see from them.
Jester986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 05:18 PM   #18
alexkon3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester986 View Post
I would take any speculation about future modules with a grain of salt. Heatblur got bought by a company that does real world aviation and government contracting. I'm glad they got a payday and hopefully it gives them more resources to bring us quality modules with. Unfortunately it's equally likely that they will be working on non DCS projects and the promised assets (ai J-35, ai A-6, Forrestal, campaigns, A model) are the last we will see from them.
Maybe maybe not. They said right after this that they will continue their roadmap and that they are not going anywhere. I am a bit concerned that they do not answer this question concretley but I don't think they'll leave DCS even if they make real world stuff until they say so.

Last edited by alexkon3; 10-10-2019 at 05:20 PM.
alexkon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 07:03 AM   #19
QuiGon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester986 View Post
It's generally a good advise to take any speculation with a grain of salt. Not just speculations about modules, but also speculations about how companies run their business

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is online now   Reply With Quote