Supercarrier acti

gdotts

Supercarrier! Myself having almost all the modules from DCS…correct me if I am wrong…. Other than flying my F-18, F-14 etc. onto the Supercarrier and take off from the Supercarrier……The only thing I get to do is I get to “view” from all the many observation points around the carrier at all the busy action and not interact? Is this correct?? What can the not currently flying player do on the ship?

I think the LSO station will be mannable, so you can give landing calls.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

What kind of intereactions does the OP propose I wonder?

Menu dialogue with the LSO?

Q: Hows the weather today Boss?

A: It's gonna be stormy when you are in my office, get back to work, son.

Guest Cat officer First person control?

And Salute

And Salute

(My knees are killing me)

And Salute

Elevator Control operator?

Elevator goes up. Elevator goes down. Elevator goes up. Elevator goes down. Elevator goes nowhere because it's broken.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I got the impression that the OP was not planning to purchase the module but is under the impression that he would be able to spawn on, takeoff from and land aboard the super carrier but not be able to take advantage of any of the other features of this module.

Am I way off base??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

correct me if I am wrong…. Other than flying my F-18, F-14 etc. onto the Supercarrier and take off from the Supercarrier……The only thing I get to do is I get to “view” from all the many observation points around the carrier at all the busy action and not interact? Is this correct?? What can the not currently flying player do on the ship?

Yes, you are wrong - as there are more things to do than just walk around. I've attached a link for the weekend news update that outlines what features are coming with the new "Super Carrier"

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4010807&postcount=211 :book:

Highlights include:

Up to 18 spawning locations on the carrier deck.

Flood lights in addition to standard lighting.

Long Range Laser Lineup System.

Barricade net.

Deck equipment like the crane, fire truck, and mules.

Detailed Landing Signal Officer (LSO) station with functional panels to control cut lights, wave off lights, manual ball control, and PLAT camera. This can be crewed while in VR.

“Burble” effect behind the carrier.

Air Boss station that can also be occupied in VR and allow control of the flood lights, barricade, and view the PLAT camera.

Immersive, 3D, Ready Room with functions to view briefings, load aircraft, view PLAT camera, vie the “Greenie Board”, view kill board that is tied to online statistics. All of this with a VR option.

Combined Arms support for steering the carrier and using weapons.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria