[INVESTIGATING]Server refresh problems

Fisu_MAD

• ED Team
The refresh button is gone too, without saying goodbye.

You need to wait for all servers to populate, then the server refresh button will be ready.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

You need to wait for all servers to populate, then the server refresh button will be ready.

thanks

Something is wrong then, i think DCS dont get all the servers and the trigger never fire to change the stated of the refesh button.

YouTube Channel

Update: MSI Z790 Tomahawk, i9 13900k, DDR5 64GB 640 MHz, MSI 4090 Gaming X Trio, 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe M.2 and 4 more, HOTAS TM Warthog, Meta Quest Pro

• ED Team
Something is wrong then, i think DCS dont get all the servers and the trigger never fire to change the stated of the refesh button.

It is working for me.

Can you attach your dcs.log after you try, we may see some clues

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Hi

thanks for the log.

My advice would be to remove all unofficial mods, run a cleanup and repair.

Check your firewall or antivirus is not blocking DCS

and test again.

For me full server list takes around 30 seconds.

My client freezes after some second and wont return.

log show this

2019-11-01 01:10:46.977 INFO NET: client has started

2019-11-01 01:10:46.981 INFO NET: Using LEDBAT for UDP congestion control.

2019-11-01 01:10:49.083 ERROR NET: dropped serverinfo(201.77.166.47:10308): unknown request id

Edited by LCO489

thanks

Which practically never happens. If I try to join someone on a specific server, I can see that server like 2 out of 10 times I press F5. This problem is as old as LOMAC at least.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• ED Team

Don't press UPDATE (circle-arrow) until update process is finished. It means don't make Refresh when arrow is blue.

Edited by USSR_Rik

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

The process never ends. The list updates servers/players the first second, the rest 29 seconds we wait are lost of time, because nothing more happends.

Another issue, i have brutal lag in the list now. I gonna save a youtube video for show this 2 issues.

YouTube Channel

Update: MSI Z790 Tomahawk, i9 13900k, DDR5 64GB 640 MHz, MSI 4090 Gaming X Trio, 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe M.2 and 4 more, HOTAS TM Warthog, Meta Quest Pro

Hi

thanks for the log.

My advice would be to remove all unofficial mods, run a cleanup and repair.

Check your firewall or antivirus is not blocking DCS

and test again.

For me full server list takes around 30 seconds.

I erase A-4E, its the only mod i have.

Tacview is here.

No more modifications.

Clear, Repair, update,.... the problem still here, bug with brutal Lagggg. I use VR Oculus S.:(

YouTube Channel

• ED Team

Check for any antivirus / firewall blocking issues

can you let us know what ISP you are with.

Also maybe worth checking if any of these are being blocked or not port forwarded

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1999319&postcount=2

Hi Bignewy,

the data of my isp:

My ISP : Xfera Moviles SA / Yoigo

My Host :

Region/State:

City:

I have no Antivirus and my firewall is off.

In the router, the firewall is off, and i have rules for portforwad to my Local IP (fixed) for UPD AND TCP, port 10308.

I think all is ok, but refresh blue icon, never stops spining, and in the lobby window, i have a terrible lag.

Before i experience the same issue, without the blue refresh spin icon, that was in grey color state.

YouTube Channel

• ED Team
Hi Bignewy,

the data of my isp:

My ISP : Xfera Moviles SA / Yoigo

My Host :

Region/State:

City:

I have no Antivirus and my firewall is off.

In the router, the firewall is off, and i have rules for portforwad to my Local IP (fixed) for UPD AND TCP, port 10308.

I think all is ok, but refresh blue icon, never stops spining, and in the lobby window, i have a terrible lag.

Before i experience the same issue, without the blue refresh spin icon, that was in grey color state.

The search while the blue icon is on will take longer than usual as far as I am aware, the team are monitoring the issue.

Thanks

I just talked with BIGNEWY as well on Discord, here's my log attached

The interesting thing is that I was on a server (Havoc) then I left that one to enter a new one and that's when it happened.

I keep waiting for the list to be populated but the game freezes. (CPU still is active on DCS thou ~20%)

I've done integrity check, restarted the computer several times, my AV and firewall is windows 10 STD.

I'm using RIFT S.

:pilotfly:

cheers guys!

Albatroz

[701] Francisco "Maçarico" Rua

[701] DCS Portugal

Discord: http://discord.gg/SXbBPGB

[ALBATROZ] DCS, Onward, Contractors, Elite Dang.

Discord: https://discord.gg/VNd4rcf

Just another datapoint on this: I've experienced the same issue where I need to CTL+ALT+DEL and restart DCS. Before killing the process, I notice that DCS is using 6.7Gb of RAM just in the server selection screen (i.e. without even loading a map).

• ED Team
Before last patch i had some lags in server list but jsut stutters, now DCS hangs for 10/15 seconds then comes back and freezes again.

I don't know what changes you made in last patch but it was worse than ever!

The only change made was to fix the server from flashing or stuttering.

Now we have the refresh icon which turns blue when it is searching, it should be left to do its thing, can take 30 seconds to populate all of the servers.

Once it has completed its search the icon turns yellow.

We are looking into the issues some are seeing, thanks.

Just another datapoint on this: I've experienced the same issue where I need to CTL+ALT+DEL and restart DCS. Before killing the process, I notice that DCS is using 6.7Gb of RAM just in the server selection screen (i.e. without even loading a map).

Many of our members are seeing a significant increase in memory usages as well, some in the +8G range.

vCAPT Scott "LoVis" Gray

Chief of Naval Personnel

Virtual United States Navy - VUSN

vusn.org

No changes since update. List still lagged on mouse events

What is the sense of spin blue icon. The server/player list only update the first 2 seconds. The other 40 lag like the hell.

And the Numbers of players/ servers. Try to back to main game and enter again in MP. See de numbers and do it again. In 10 seconds the gap of 250 users?? Something is wrong.

YouTube Channel