Some visual observations

terminator345

I just got the F16, and noticed a few visual things (that I noticed was not in the already known bugs list or features to be added):

- There are pylons showing under the wings when I had chosen to remove all pylons in the loadout. They were floating just under and not touching the wings

- I noticed that with the afterburner on, while flames are showing outside the engine nozzle there's no flames inside the nozzle. It's black in there like the afterburner's not on. Unlike other modules like the Mig 21 and particularly the F 14, which I think they did a brilliant job with the afterburner visual effects there.

- If I turn off the oxygen supply at high altitude nothing happens to my pilot. Whereas in the F86 if I do the same, my screen starts blurring to indicate my pilot's lacking oxygen and he eventually passes out.

Also the exterior of the plane imo somehow seems a bit off (maybe it needs some sheen?), but as I understand the textures are a work in progress.

Ignore if these are already known but I hope they can be fixed. Thanks!

Edited by terminator345

• ED Team
I just got the F16, and noticed a few visual things (that I noticed was not in the already known bugs list or features to be added):

- There are pylons showing under the wings when I had chosen to remove all pylons in the loadout. They were floating just under and not touching the wings

- I noticed that with the afterburner on, while flames are showing outside the engine nozzle there's no flames inside the nozzle. It's black in there like the afterburner's not on. Unlike other modules like the Mig 21 and particularly the F 14, which I think they did a brilliant job with the afterburner visual effects there.

- If I turn off the oxygen supply at high altitude nothing happens to my pilot. Whereas in the F86 if I do the same, my screen starts blurring to indicate my pilot's lacking oxygen and he eventually dies.

Ignore if these are already known but I hope they can be fixed. Thanks!

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Thanks for the feedback. The known issues list was for launch day.

Since then all reported issues are here and can be search by using [REPORTED] in the search field for that forum section

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=659

We have a guide here also for reporting issues

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=250800

The first two issue's you mention have been reported.

The last is not a bug In DCS we do not have a mask off state, so the mask is always assumed on, turning the oxygen off will deprive the pilot of breathable air (if an oxygen mask is worn by the pilot).

Thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2