Ka-50 Cockpit Layout Chart (largescale)

Aerovenator

Hi there,

I made a cockpit layout chart for the Black Shark:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SxLUBegwC5wR6COCl0P5gHYjEs7enwol/view?usp=sharing

As stated in the description I am fully aware that some proportions and locations of elements may not be 100% perfect.

Feedback is appreciated. 😄

UPDATE v1.1:

- Added missing needle in Altimeter (thx to Devrim)

- corrected Oil temperature display (thx AlphaOneSix)

- corrected switch labels in lower section of PVI-Panel (thx AlphaOneSix)

- Dimension is now 8555 x 14882 px

- some minor adjustments to textbox and heading

Edited by Aerovenator
New Link
  • Like 3

I7-9700K -- 32GB RAM -- RTX 4070 -- Virpil T-50CM3 Throttle + WarBRD Base -- Thrustmaster TPR -- Quest 3 

It's perfect to me. Thanks for hard work. :)

But, I think one needle is missing on Altimeter.

Plus, maybe it would be better if you add cyclic, right?

Thanks again.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Thanks for the feedback. You're right one needle is missing...

Cyclic is little bit difficult. When I made the collective I also thought about it, but came to the following conclusions:

1. Some buttons have no dedicated description so this might be no real help, because you see a button but you get no clue about its purpose

2. For its a 3 dimensional object you have to "unwrap" it and then maybe it is not obvious anymore, that you are looking at the cyclic.

...but hey... Maybe someone has a good hint or solution for this. If so, then let me know:-)

I7-9700K -- 32GB RAM -- RTX 4070 -- Virpil T-50CM3 Throttle + WarBRD Base -- Thrustmaster TPR -- Quest 3 

1. Actually, you can find enough info about cyclic button functions in DCS BS2 Flight Manual EN.pdf, page 6-5 & 6-6.

2. Yes, you're right, but at least you can display the cyclic from two different angle: 1) The way how we see it (back view), 2) From left or right view (Sorry for my English, I hardly tell my vision). Maybe you reduce the size of pictures to allocate space to add third (from front) view. :)

Anyway, it's OK if you'll not add it, no big deal - I'm just typing something. :D

Thanks again.

See you in the air.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

Yeah, its not the problem of getting the necessary information for creating it. Its a merely a problem of displaying the information within the chart:-)

But I will take a look into it:-)

Very nice!

Under the PVI-800 panel, the switch labeled "INU" and "UPDATE" is misleading. I know it's this way in the English cockpit, but it's wrong and has just never been corrected. It is the INU update switch, but it should be labeled "I-251V" or "SHKVAL" on top, and on the bottom it should say "OVERFLY" or "FLY OVER" or some made up abbreviation that means the same thing.

On the gearbox oil temperature gauge, the slanted red line should be a straight line that matches -15C. It's only like that in-game because that's what the cockpit picture looked like when they photographed it. In reality, it is suposed to show the lower limit of gearbox oil temperature, and shuld be straigh just like the other red lines on those gauges, and at the -15 mark.

@Alpha: Thanks for the detailed feedback. So I have to decide to stick to DCS Cockpit Version or a more realistic one. Hmmm.....

I used InkScape. Sharing the source file ist not planned at the moment...

I don't insist. It's still a great contribution on your part. Excellent work! You should post It on inkscape forums as well to show off.

Re mislabeled elements. I don't see how you should be bound by mistakes not corrected by ED :) If you'd really like to include the ED's labels somehow I'd personally suggest to put them as strike-through, in grey.

PS. Sharing. Did you know that there is a way to share in vector format but not the actual source?

Edited by Bucic

...It is the INU update switch, but it should be labeled "I-251V" or "SHKVAL" on top, and on the bottom it should say "OVERFLY" or "FLY OVER" or some made up abbreviation that means the same thing...

Hi. This must be corrected in Ricardo's Upgraded HD Cockpit Mod by the way. :D

On 1/15/2022 at 2:08 PM, Kierto said:

This is ace thanks. is this all scaled correctly? If I wanted to print it at "life size" what size would I need to print the file at?

Kierto, if approximate/close-enough-to-life-size printing is good enough, the way I'd try begins with assumptions based on familiar objects for which it's easy to find dimensions....... the right console looks to be 150% the width of an average forearm (excluding Popeye the Sailor), or perhaps the height of a soft drink can........ really only need one assumed dimension to give you the ratio of enlargement.

In whatever graphics app you used (e.g Photoshop) you could draw a reference line on a layer then physically scale, using percentages and of course undo's, until the width of console matches length of reference line. Likely to be some amount of trial-n-error.

hope this helped, sry for the ramble 🙂

and oh yeah THANKS for this excellent long-wished-for product...... I'll presume the pieces of cockpit stitched together are from the textures files?