How to get rescue helo to stay with carrier?

rayrayblues

Nup, no joy. It still goes to the default position.

Ship unit name: USS Stennis

Helo group name: Rescue Helo

Script now:

RescueheloStennis=RESCUEHELO:New(UNIT:FindByName("USS Stennis"), "Rescue Helo")
 RescueheloStennis:Start()
 RescueheloStennis:SetAltitude(50) -- Set altitude of helo in meters
 RescueheloStennis:SetOffsetX(50) -- Set offset lead in meters
 RescueheloStennis:SetOffsetZ(50) -- Set offset starboard in meters

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

@BlackLibrary I’ll give it a go 

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

14 hours ago, BlackLibrary said:

i think the start() should be on the bottom after all other commands

think so to  this  is  one  of  mine

Rescue Helo Script --
--------------------------------
-- NOTE: The RESCUE helo object has to be a GLOBAL variable or the lua garbage collector will deallocate it for unknown reasons.

-- Rescue Helo @ CVN-72 Abraham Lincoln.

RescueheloLincoln=RESCUEHELO:New(UNIT:FindByName("CVN-72 Abraham Lincoln"), "Lincoln Helo")
RescueheloLincoln:SetHomeBase(AIRBASE:FindByName("CVN-72 Abraham Lincoln"))
RescueheloLincoln:SetTakeoffCold()
RescueheloLincoln:SetAltitude(25)-- Where altitude is the altitude the helo flies at in meters. Default is 70 meters.
RescueheloLincoln:SetOffsetX(25)--Where *distance is the distance in the direction of movement of the carrier. Default is 200 meters.
RescueheloLincoln:SetOffsetZ(100)-- Where *distance is the distance on the starboard side. Default is 100 meters.
RescueheloLincoln:Start()

UNIT:FindByName("CVN-72 Abraham Lincoln"):PatrolRoute()-- Make carriers patrol their route indefinitely.

Hi All,

I'm new to MOOSE and think it's a fantastic addition to carrier ops.

IMHO,the Rescue Helo is a very realistic addition.

So far however, as far as I understand the Moose.lua file, the Helo Rescue ops are milited to the Stennis, Tarawa and to the carriers in the Super Carrier Mod, i.e., CVN-71 Theodore Rossevelt, etc.

I'd like to extend the list of available carriers with new ships, e.g., the carriers Clemenceau (R98) and Charles de Gaulle (R91).

Is this possible in any simple way ?

Can I modify the list of available ships directly in the Moose.lua file or not ?

Thanks for your help,

Toan

Edited by toan