More ships

upyr1

• 2 weeks later...

+1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Koenigsberg and Lepzig class for the German assets would be nice also for action on the Channel and Normandy maps.

• Like 2

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

• 4 weeks later...

when I'm not crashing and burning I'm sinking and drowning in SH3

Not a moder myself but I wonder how hard would it be to convert or import a fleet of already made ships into DCS, There's a very talented group of moders over at Subsim maybe some of them would be willing to help.

WWll carriers and associated aircraft anyone???

YdFLTWL.jpg

Edited by rayrayblues
  • Like 2

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, Rene Coulon said:

We so Badly need WW2 naval combat ships...and an Allied Submarine.

Agreed. Given the Kriegsmarine's U-Boat centric operational doctrine though, I'd be fine with waiting a VERY long time for allied subs. Surface combatants should be the priority, with the most widely produced of each primary combatant modeled first (Type 1934, Matsu Class[?], C Class[?], Fletcher Class). After that a Capital ship each: Bismarck, Hood (as much as I'd love to see Warspite the Hood/Bismarck showdown is too historically relevant to dismiss), Akagi, and a South Dakota Class, then everything else as needed. I FULLY expect ED to get right on all of this as soon as I win the lottery and give them $10 Million to do what some random guy on the internet planned out in his boxers whilst sipping his morning coffee.  

• Like 3

Imagine taking off in a force 8 from a deck pitching 20 feet, waves breaking over the flight deck in the troughs. Your Swordfish struggling into the air carrying a 1600lb torpedo, tossed around by the wind, searching for the Bismarck through gaps in the clouds, rain squalls battering against the windshield...

🙂

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2021 at 12:49 PM, Mogster said:

Imagine taking off in a force 8 from a deck pitching 20 feet, waves breaking over the flight deck in the troughs. Your Swordfish struggling into the air carrying a 1600lb torpedo, tossed around by the wind, searching for the Bismarck through gaps in the clouds, rain squalls battering against the windshield...

🙂

Now imagine doing that in a SeaFire or Corsair from the deck of a CVE!! 👍

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 months later...
On 8/18/2020 at 9:13 AM, Linx said:

Some Japanese and US naval ships would make an awful lot of sense for the Marianas.

Maybe as part of a new Pacific Asset Pack? We can't expect ED to add them for free.

A pacific assets pack would be a good idea, provided they offer a bundle deal with the ETO. A lot of the allied assets would overlap. $30 individually and $45 or $50 if you buy both. Anyhow I would expect some ships to appear in the in the ETO asset pack. Since we have two Normandy maps I figure if a ship-class took part in operation overlord it should appear in the ETO pack. If a ship-class took part in the Pacific then it should be there and if it was used in both it should be in both (hence the discount).

On 9/19/2020 at 3:12 PM, rayrayblues said:

WWll carriers and associated aircraft anyone???

YdFLTWL.jpg

yes they will be needed for the Marianas. 

• Like 2

I figure priority should be given based on the following criteria

• fame
  • number built and in use in the summer of 1944
  • years of service with fewer variations

the first two are obvious. The last one- I some of the allied ships served for decades after the war- for example the last World War II ships operated by the US Navy were retired in the 1990s. I would like the later variants of these ships to appear in DCS especially the 1980s Iowas. Some later variants are too different to be included in the World War Ii asset packs, while others didn't change that much if it isn't too much work it would be nice to think about the later varriants with the WW II asset pack. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

More ships???

oh yes 👍

My great uncle served on this one:

(before she was transferred to Royal Hellenic Navy)

image.png

Norway, Atlantic, Med, W Africa, Bismarck action and Arctic convoys

Edited by rkk01
  • Like 3

Flying around the Channel and playing in the ME has highlighted some major flaws in the Assets Pack

Its basically a D Day / Normandy Assets Pack and would benefit from broadening out and balancing

In terms of Naval assets, the S-Boat / E-Boat needs the RN equivalents:

- RN MGBs & MTBs - at least the Dog Boat and one of the main MTBs

- RN & KM Destroyers, RN light cruiser(s). If in doubt read up on Charybdis

- Random Allied & Axis merchants

Even as a D-Day pack it really needs some of the shore bombardment destroyers, cruisers and at least one battleship (ie Warspite👍)

• Like 3

On 7/15/2021 at 4:28 PM, rkk01 said:

Flying around the Channel and playing in the ME has highlighted some major flaws in the Assets Pack

Its basically a D Day / Normandy Assets Pack and would benefit from broadening out and balancing

In terms of Naval assets, the S-Boat / E-Boat needs the RN equivalents:

- RN MGBs & MTBs - at least the Dog Boat and one of the main MTBs

- RN & KM Destroyers, RN light cruiser(s). If in doubt read up on Charybdis

- Random Allied & Axis merchants

Even as a D-Day pack it really needs some of the shore bombardment destroyers, cruisers and at least one battleship (ie Warspite👍)

+1, now that we have the Marianas, the WWII assets pack could really use a big update for both ground and naval. :cheer3nc::wavetowel::director:     :helpsmilie:

On 7/8/2021 at 11:46 AM, rkk01 said:

More ships???

oh yes 👍

My great uncle served on this one:

(before she was transferred to Royal Hellenic Navy)

image.png

Norway, Atlantic, Med, W Africa, Bismarck action and Arctic convoys

....and my Father served on this one from 1943 to 45.

Ne3JnfA.jpg

Edited by rayrayblues

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU