Newbie Updater problem

Hi I'm new to this program so simple steps please!

I have DCS 1.5.8 and thought I'd update it to 2.XX now that I have a more powerful system. I downloaded the updater and ran it. It stopped with a 'server may have limited capacity. try again later'.

I tried again the next day. Now it says 'Can't install to that location etc...' and 'use repair or update from menu'. I'm afraid I have no idea what it's on about. I can't find anything like that in any of the menus.

Can someone help please? I wish I hadn't attempted this now. :(

1.X is very old baldeagle611.

Perhaps try and install from new 2.5 (Not update), uninstall the old one if you need the room etc.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/

Edit:

When you say downloaded the updater, do you mean downloaded the 2.5 web installer?

If so perhaps you have ran out of room 'Can't install to that location etc"

Basic install is 60 GB, I'm at 233GB on one install.

New pc's have small SSD's for operating system and standard hard drives for things, you want DCS on the SSD. I added a few more SSD to my build to have plenty of room.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

1.5 is many years old. The updater has tried its best to get you from that up to date, but really removing such and old installation was your best course from the outset. DCS has since 1.5 massively grown and improved.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *