Input device TrackIr unplugged/plugged

Hi all,

Since last update i get randomly on upper right corner playing on Multiplayers Servers (all i tested):

Input device TrackIr unplugged

...lag... then :

Input device TrackIr plugged

Only on 1.5 not on 2, well i'm not using TrackIR but FreeTrack with Headtracker, no TrackIR on devices list.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I saw that too. I use OpenTrack.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

I have the same problem, but with TrackIR. It randomly gets "unplugged" since the latest update, but not "plugged" again, so I have to restart DCS. It's really annoying. It usally happens when I put it to standby, but just sometimes.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Your device is unsupported, so you'll need to hope for community support.

Thank you very much for your help Slazi, i always appreciate someone takes time helping eachother, nevertheless, don't say anything you might regret :smilewink:

My device is well supported as it is a Logitec Camera. This random behavior, in fact :

Laaaaag, (freeze about 5 seconds) then :

then after some seconds:

apears just after last update 1.5.4.54855.129, Someone knowing something about that is welcome.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you very much for your help Slazi, i always appreciate someone takes time helping eachother, nevertheless, don't say anything you might regret :smilewink:

My device is well supported as it is a Logitec Camera. This random behavior, in fact :

Laaaaag, (freeze about 5 seconds) then :

then after some seconds:

apears just after last update 1.5.4.54855.129, Someone knowing something about that is welcome.

What he means to say, is the tracking interface you are using is unsupported by Eagle Dynamics.

ED Does not support FreeTrack/OpenTrack/FaceTrackNoIR etc.

However, this issue appears to be a global USB device issue that we are looking into.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

ED Does not support FreeTrack/OpenTrack/FaceTrackNoIR etc.

Always sade to hear that, but that's not the subject, isn't it ?

However, this issue appears to be a global USB device issue that we are looking into.

Ok, i feel you are in the good direction, Thank you SkateZilla and ED.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you are using facetracknoir it can use trackir drivers. you just have to set it to only use that driver in the settings rather than freetrack and maybe see if that fixes the issue. i use this and will report back if i have any problems after setting it to use trackir drivers only.

hope this helps

Charlesnett Callsign - "Fisherman"

I have this same problem with TrackIR Pro

Thank god, I'm not the only one!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

hi all. i have a similar problem, but didn't want to start a new thread. whenever i alt-tab out and back in, or even if i just alt+enter, i keep getting "input device trackIR plugged/unplugged"

however i am not using any tracking software/hardware. but they key issue for me here is, my force feedback completely goes out, and it won't come back unless i restart.

i play with MSFT ForceFeedback 2 and rely on the ff for errything, so basically makes the game unplayable for me :(

just wanted to give a heads up. strange times indeed....

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

I get the message with TiR 5/ProClip (latest TiR version) but it never stops working (I have reverted back to the old 1.5.3 functionality though since I am not a fan of the "updated" TiR functionality). If I happen to place my hand between the sensor and the LED's for a split second I also get the message but for the most part it pops up randomly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

The Message will appear when Tracking INput from the TrackIR Interface receives no data.

This can Happen When:

-TrackIR Software is Paused or Stopped/Closed.

-IR Pollution Causing Tracking Disruption (IR Light Sources Causing Distortions making points indistinguishable)

-Object Obstruction Causing Tracking Disruption (ie Hand over LED/Reflector, Out of camera range/focus etc).

-When USB Device is Removed then Re-Initialized within DCS (A separate issue by itself, but can trigger the aforementioned trackIR unplugged/plugged message).

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

For me it happened at least once that it stopped working when just loading another mission. I had to exit DCSW completely to get it working again.

Not that severe in this case, just noticed.

DCS Version Number?

First Mission Aircraft?

Second Mission Aircraft?

It was in the 1.5.4 release version.

The first plane I am not 100% sure anymore, I think it was the A-10C. It was still working there.

The second plane (when it didn't work anymore) was the M2000C.

And I _may_ have alt-tabbed out of DCSW between the missions, if that helps finding the issue. :)

Delete /Headtracker/ and /TrackIR/ Folders from:

/DCS World/Mods/Aircraft/<module>/Input/<aircraft>/

These are Redundant/Obsolete, and causing DCS to Switch between New and Old Interface, is what's causing TrackIR to Dump on you after the 1st Mission

Aircraft that still have these folders are:

Hawk

C-101

M-2000C

MiG-21Bis

SA-342

Likely they will be removed in the coming updates, as it was reported internally already.

Edited by SkateZilla

• 3 weeks later...
Delete /Headtracker/ and /TrackIR/ Folders from:

/DCS World/Mods/Aircraft/<module>/Input/<aircraft>/

These are Redundant/Obsolete, and causing DCS to Switch between New and Old Interface, is what's causing TrackIR to Dump on you after the 1st Mission

Aircraft that still have these folders are:

Hawk

C-101

M-2000C

MiG-21Bis

SA-342

Likely they will be removed in the coming updates, as it was reported internally already.

Thanks Skate.

Unfortunately, I'm having the same issue with random-but-permanent "Track IR Device Has Been Unplugged" messages with the L-39C, L-39ZA and Mig-15. I've been getting it for several weeks now with all of the latest 1.5.4 updates.

It's happened in Instant Missions, self-made missions and, most recently, the Museum Relic campaign. I'm using a TrackIR 5 with the Pro clip, and there's definitely no obstructions or other IR sources/interference in the space.

I can't find a consistent, repeatable use case for the "unplugging", but it's definitely infuriating - especially when it happens right in of a really long mission before you've even reached the combat area (Mission 8 of Museum Relic - I'm looking at you).

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys,

Me too I have the same problem with my TrackIR, this night I've meet this problem many time during the same fly with Gazelle and F-5, always the same message: TrackIR unplugged/plugged.

My DCS is 1.5.4.55952 Stable version and I use the last drivers and software from Natural Point. My Windows 8.1

When my TrackIR is unplugged I use ALT+TAB and the TrackIR work fine again but it's not really one solution.

I would like to know if I must unstall all my DCS and after that reinstall DCS for fix this problem because it's really a nightmare...

In advance a great thanks Skull.