Debolestis Shapeways shop

• 2 months later...

I printed Suncom to Thrustmaster adapter, and it work fine with Gardena hose adapter nut.

It can be bought HERE.

If you cannot find original 5 pin DIN connector you can buy it HERE.

Shift register PCB is also necessary, it can be bought HERE.

Gardena nut can be bought in almost any hardware store, plastic one works as well.

It seems to be strong enough, I guess time will tell...

AUy2f98.jpg

AHiiMgF.jpg

C0SOl1z.jpg

dSGaSyz.jpg

LgJt2jo.jpg

Edited by debolestis

I bought Warthog grip last month. There are few things that I don't like on it. One thing is DMS knob, because it is not ergonomic and slippery.

I already made DMS knob for old FLCS and F22 joysticks. I didn't know how this knob is mounted in Warthog and Cougar. I made full disassembly and saw that TM use nearly the same switches as in FLCS and F22, minimal changes, different material.

I also find a few photos of real grip, this one is from Guardian electric web site.

1jYMC4s.jpg

I found drawing on OTTO website and than I made two versions.

Castle hat

UPqfrOY.jpg

dms-switch-knob-castle?optionId=60050550T3ubuPo.png

Stadium hat

FkSLAVk.jpg

dYN9DyG.png

In my next post I'll explain how to install them.

Edited by debolestis

To install this knob you have to disassemble the grip. Maybe it is possible without disassembly but in that case something could get damaged.

I didn't photographed whole procedure but it is not difficult. In the end there is something like this:

3v2z8tl.jpg

When this screw is removed than knob with shaft can be pull out. I used pincers as a lever to remove the knob.

8gbfT0Y.jpg

Than put new knob on shaft and put everything back together.

I had older version of DMS knob that I printed for FLCS. This is how it looks now.

HRq9dKG.jpg

I was also working on complete 4 way switch assembly. I printed first version, it works but still needs a few improvements.

5TrEZza.jpg

Here it is assembled.

FqDT28K.jpg

SzPUk3h.jpg

Edited by debolestis

To install this knob you have to disassemble the grip. Maybe it is possible without disassembly but in that case something could get damaged.

I didn't photographed whole procedure but it is not difficult. In the end there is something like this:

IMG_20160601_123031_zpsex4mcqql.jpg

When this screw is removed than knob with shaft can be pull out. I used pincers as a lever to remove the knob.

IMG_20160601_123154_zpsoacstahd.jpg

Than put new knob on shaft and put everything back together.

I had older version of DMS knob that I printed for FLCS. This is how it looks now.

IMG_20160606_122422_zpsurzpkilm.jpg

I was also working on complete 4 way switch assembly. I printed first version, it works but still needs a few improvements.

IMG_20160606_114535_zpsyvbehhfk.jpg

Here it is assembled.

IMG_20160606_114717_zps1eubnvoy.jpg

IMG_20160606_115103_zps7mjmcufg.jpg

I buy least 2 if price is ok. (Not too expensive)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Price is $5.64 for black minus 20% next week.

Stainless steel is $17.81.

Please link,

will these work with arduino or Leobonard etc.. ? Just hook wires and off you go ?

Just throw link where to buy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You mean 4Way switches. It is not yet finished, I need to make a few modifications. 4 switches are also needed for it to work.

Please link,

will these work with arduino or Leobonard etc.. ? Just hook wires and off you go ?

Just throw link where to buy.

You mean 4Way switches. It is not yet finished, I need to make a few modifications. 4 switches are also needed for it to work.

Yes , soon as they are ready i will buy :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I assume that the 4 way switch is a replacement for the warthog one. Do you know if it would fit into the thrustmaster FLCS? I'd love to be able to change the awful switches in that thing.

Yes you can, they work and is wired in the same way.

You can use for example, Cougar HAT's on FLCS, but Debolesis version will be more affordable. :thumbup:

Joystick HAT's are only four ordinary tactile micro-switches around a pole - no military secrets or Alien science in then. :D

Pretty terrible lighting here and the connector one probably isnt all too relevant since I dont have the original housing mounted.

I did check the fit of the original before I put it all together though. It had a very slight rotational play, no more than 1/3 the width of the screwholes.

Not quite as tight as the original tailpiece but there was no other play.

Nice pic of my kitchen could you please credit me or remove it from your post thanks

Probably something like this

Edited by Deadman

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

• 1 month later...

I added a few models to my Shapeways store.

DMS Knob (castle) for Warthog, Cougar or FLCS.

mGGRMRL.jpg

DMS Knob (stadium) for Warthog, Cougar or FLCS.

This one is like original but rotated 45 degrees.

I made new versions of 4Way switches:

HERE and HERE

I tested them and they work, they could be replacements for TM switches or used in other projects.

I added PS3 thumb stick holder that I used in my SFS throttle. It was requested.

HERE

Imn2Yij.jpg

Edited by debolestis

• 4 weeks later...