How to install 2.5 without 1.5.8 installed?

tifafan

Wait for tomorrow. The standalone installer for 2.5 OB should be released then.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Wait for separate 2.5 Open Beta installer, which will be released on upcoming Thursday, or wait for 2.5 stable installer, which will hopefully come a week or two later.

Edit - haven't noticed that apparently the schedule shifted one day forward, so maybe standalone installer will pop up tomorrow as QuiGon says.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

1) - download this updater https://updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com/files/DCS_updater_64bit.zip

2) unpack it via winzip, winrar, 7zip or similar.

3) There is application called DCS_updater.exe - put it into folder where you want to install 2.5 - E.G "C:\DCS_25"

4) Run commander and locate the folder. In my case I will use command: "cd C:\DCS_25"

5) Run command "DCS_updater.exe update @openbeta"

6) wait until the instalation is finished. It is about 25 gigs of data to download.

7) Once downloaded and "installed", run command: "DCS_updater.exe repair" - this command will download and create the bin folder.

8) Run the game via executable file in game core folder.

I have purchased Nevada mounths ago, but, now, I have not installed any dcs version or module as I formatted some days ago. So, tell me if I'm wrong, first I must to install 1.5 stable, then 2.2 OA, then, with updater, convert all in 2.5 OB. Is it true?

Or can I skip to re install Nevada map as the updater download it?

I have purchased Nevada mounths ago, but, now, I have not installed any dcs version or module as I formatted some days ago. So, tell me if I'm wrong, first I must to install 1.5 stable, then 2.2 OA, then, with updater, convert all in 2.5 OB. Is it true?

Or can I skip to re install Nevada map as the updater download it?

You just need to install 1.5 stable and then use the updater to convert to 2.5 OB.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thanks. And for Nevada map (that i have purchased) is it included?

You can download it through the module manager in the game menu.

Tornado3 small.jpg