A little help please, JP keyboard, no right alt, no home,end etc. keys. How??!

paradoxbox

Like the title of this thread says, I am using a Japanese keyboard which does not have the home, page up, page down, end etc. keys. They can be accessed by pressing a "function" button and pressing some different keys.

It also has no right Alt key, instead it has an IME button that scrolls around the chinese character menu.

I'd rather not buy a new keyboard as this one works fine except for DCS.

I have tried using the keyboard as both a JP keyboard and in US keyboard mode, no difference, doesn't work.

This is a bit frustrating as I can't start the A10 because there's a throttle lock that can only be taken off by pressing the right alt + some other keys. I want to remap the key commands but can't find them in the menu, so I'm at a total loss.

Any help appreciated.

That's tricky, you'd really need to remap everything unless I think of a better solution later.

There is some cheap, very cheap keyboards around for like 10 bucks, I'd think again about grabbing one.

Edited by ody81
typo

You might be able to bind a few keys on your keyboard to become modifiers, not sure how well it would work. But it should be as simple as creating a new modifier and deleting the standard ones. You would need to remap everything that uses the original modifiers though, which in an fc3 aircraft can be very tedious.