Korea ?

Damocles

Maybe stretch goals should be changed as there seems limited chances of the KS reaching much more than the $100,000 initial goal. If not the KS then maybe just where the RRG team go after the initial KS.

Reading the DCS WWII threads over at BoS there were a couple of people saying that they were from China and that it was quite difficult getting into flight sims for them because nobody was really thinking or considering them, plus, I suppose, the fact that the flight sims we tend to play are less relevant to them.

A Korea sim however might however have a very wide appeal across several continents including that of China, a market that didn't even exist at the time when Mig Alley was released. Now however !!!

It's not like a map would even need to be produced as Georgia would make a good stopgap for the North Korean peninsula.

The question would be, how committed are Belsimtek to producing the F86, in what time frame and would it be considered impolite if RRG studios also wished to produce one ?

The plane set could be quite limited and even with only one or two aircraft feel adequate. F86's and Mig 15/bis as flyables. The P51 already exists, a Yak 9 to give a little added flavour for the Russians and maybe a SeaFury for carrier ops. Add to that a few non flyables such as B-29's, F-80's and 84's and viola a half descent Korea sim for a limited budget and limited time frame.

• Like 1

Luthier has been wanting to make a Korea flight sim for years, he actually mentioned it could be possible in the Kickstarter.So, if this project is a success we will surely see more theaters/planes and what not and possibly other "near" conflicts as the Korean War.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would gladly pay dearly for that.....provided it included carriers, Corsairs, AD's and Panthers. Luthier brought carriers into IL-2 and did a pretty fair job of it. Not until the modding community brought about such advances as wind and the Carrier Takeoff mod did it really come into it's own though. Hopefully this time it will be done a little more thoroughly from the start.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I got to talk to someone who flew a Mig-15 once. I would be very interested to see how they would model the aircraft in a contemporary flight sim like DCS. I was told that the control column felt as if it were stuck in butter, and made it very hard to anticipate the g's you get from deflecting the stick a certain amount. The aircraft was also reported to have a strong dutch roll. Craziest of all was landing. It was a very confusing description about pneumatic brakes and some kind of release handle on the control column.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Luthier has been wanting to make a Korea flight sim for years, he actually mentioned it could be possible in the Kickstarter.So, if this project is a success we will surely see more theaters/planes and what not and possibly other "near" conflicts as the Korean War.

Fingers crossed, this is why I kicked in $40 for the KS, despite not being very interested in flying Europe 44.

My dream sim covers carrier ops in Korea in DCS detail, with helicopter rescue missions also.

• Like 1

I think the F3D Skyknight would be a really cool flyable for the Korean war. It doesn't have the speed or climb rate of the other fighters, but it is decked out in early radar systems for night operations. It had the AN/APS-21 search radar, AN/APS-26 targeting radar, and AN/APS-28 tail warning radar. The search radar could be used to detect fighters 32 km away.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F3D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I got to talk to someone who flew a Mig-15 once. I would be very interested to see how they would model the aircraft in a contemporary flight sim like DCS. I was told that the control column felt as if it were stuck in butter, and made it very hard to anticipate the g's you get from deflecting the stick a certain amount. The aircraft was also reported to have a strong dutch roll. Craziest of all was landing. It was a very confusing description about pneumatic brakes and some kind of release handle on the control column.

Mig-15 has already been announced by ED some months ago, well before RRG came into the DCS fold

You guys can have your Sabre's and MiG's. I want the F4U-5NL Corsair, F4U-4B Corsair, F7F-3N Tigercat and F9F-3 Panther.:pilotfly:

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

You guys can have your Sabre's and MiG's. I want the F4U-5NL Corsair, F4U-4B Corsair, F7F-3N Tigercat and F9F-3 Panther.:pilotfly:

I'd give my right nut to see the Sabre and MIG in DCS. Add the A-26 to the CAS aircraft in the list above and while we're at it, go for broke with the B-29 :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

I'd give my right nut to see the Sabre and MIG in DCS. Add the A-26 to the CAS aircraft in the list above and while we're at it, go for broke with the B-29 :D

DCS F86 and Mig 15 have been confirmed by ED so we can talk about it now :)

Its in the works, watch this space...