Spring Tensio 2.5 not working

Hi,

Same problem here, waiting for the Caucasus in 2.5 to start the Spring Tension Campaign, but I can not make it through the first mission.

Apart from not getting permission to land, I can add, that land in Tskhinvali will not trigger anything, but if I wreck the helo during landing, then yes... documents will be delivered and "we are good to continue", sadly the helo is not in a condition to take of anymore.

I hope this campaign gets fix soon :helpsmilie:, I heard very good things about it.

Screen_180209_195607.png[/url]

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

mission "on alert"

the other mi8 (102) dont wana land to rescue the pilot

i tryed 2 times and give him 10 mins - he make always the same

he just hover over the pilot and change some altitude

also he have big trouble to start from the farp , he just survive that "start" because he is indestrucible ( i know it because i shoot im :) )

another thing - first mission last checkpointlanding the triggerzone for the landing i far ahead (behind) the checkpointbuilding

small workaround 4 the mission is to switch between the choppers so you can do what they cant do

but be fast

Edited by ariyaner

another thing - first mission last checkpointlanding the triggerzone for the landing i far ahead (behind) the checkpointbuilding

Arg!

The most recent patch (Open Beta Update 4) listed: "Mi-8MTV2. Spring Tension campaign updated for DCS 2.5" Which led me to believe it would be working properly.

I was hopping all over the place trying to guess the right spot to land. Tried near the building, tried near the two paratroopers by the rivers, etc... Figured it was broken and exited to post.

Very irritating!

With no in-mission saves you must begin again and spend hours flying the same thing over and over until the fun is sucked out of it and you give up in frustration!

This is an all-to-common problem for missions in general. I realize there is an extra challenge with the 2.5 EDGE updates. But, bugged missions in general due to API changes, etc. have been around for ages and often don't get fixed in a timely fashion.

Anyway, thank you @ariyaner for the information. When I get the energy to try this mission again, I'll keep hopping around in hopes I find the landing trigger.

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

...With no in-mission saves you must begin again and spend hours flying the same thing over and over until the fun is sucked out of it and you give up in frustration!

I know it's not why you're refering to this point but there is a possibility to progress to another (next or any) mission from the campaign by editing the user log lua file. So, if you're stuck with a campaign mission for whatever the reason, there is a workaround.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

WTF nothing happens when I land on Vetka helipad!

Let alone the landing trigger zones still remain faaaaar off the landing sites.

must begin again and spend hours flying the same thing over and over until the fun is sucked out of it and you give up in frustration!

+1

Edited by Harle

Can't find the trigger point in the 2nd mission.

Outpost on top of the hill (can't recall it's name)

I landed between the tent and AA gun - no joy.

Anyone found it?

i dont remember

but if im right u use f10 menue and see yellow smoke for a LZ

the other mi8 (102) dont wana land to rescue the pilot

i tryed 2 times and give him 10 mins - he make always the same

he just hover over the pilot and change some altitude

also he have big trouble to start from the farp , he just survive that "start" because he is indestrucible ( i know it because i shoot im :) )

small workaround 4 the mission is to switch between the choppers so you can do what they cant do

but be fast

How do you switch to the other chopper? I've been stuck in this mission forever.