How To :HUD Export A10C DCS-World for Real HUD

PeterP

Oh wow that is tempting, cheaper than I could build it myself!

• Thanks 1

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

• 9 months later...

Hi,

I'm trying this mod with DCS 2.5.2 but it doesn't work.

I've extracted the files to the Saved Games\DCS path and choosed "Camera+HUD(on right side)" in game. But I can't see the HUD on my second Monitor.

I've also changed the Camera+HUD(on right side).lua to match my monitor setup but nothing.

Can someone please help me?

I want to use this mod to make professional screenshot of HUD for documentation.

Best regards

kal

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

I bought one of these. Construction is pretty solid. I bought to build a cockpit and thought it was a good price to try. the clear plastic comes covered with a paper like covering and grub screws for the glass in the uprights I have not put it together to try it out yet. But I was impressed with it. edited-I think the uprights feel semi rigid not rock solid

Edited by Brewnix

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi PeterP!

Is it possible to repeat your work, only for the Su-27 or MiG-29. I made a copy of ILS-31 with the connection of the LCD monitor. At the moment I am using a second monitor to duplicate IPV in mod 29

Here is the link:https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=131259&page=8

Thank!

IMG_1864.thumb.jpg.f2a303d17f1e701694e02830e72b279f.jpg

• 2 years later...

I got this working on 2.7.8 by just adding this to HUD_init.lua:

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")
try_find_assigned_viewport("A_10C_HUD", "HUD")

And then defining viewport with A_10C_HUD in MonitorSetup.lua. (not A10_HUD as in original post)

• Thanks 3

On 8/31/2018 at 1:43 PM, Rookie1983 said:

Is it possible to export HUD on a second screen\monitor (like MFCD or CDU) WITHOUT changing the size of the HUD symbology inside the cockpit?

Leave this line as it is:

indicator_type = indicator_types.COLLIMATOR

1 hour ago, Vinc_Vega said:

Thanks for reactivating that helpful topic.

Regards, Vinc

No worries!

• 1 month later...

This thread was very helpful.  I was able to make this work with the F16c  adding this:

try_find_assigned_viewport("F16_HUD", "HUD")

To  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\Scripts\Displays\HUD\indicator\HUD_init.lua

Then in my test monitor setup file

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('HUD test');
Description = 'Left MFCD on the left and camera on the center'
Viewports =
{
     Center =
     {
          x = 0;
          y = 0;
          width  = 2560;
          height = 1600;
          viewDx = 0;
          viewDy = 0;
          aspect = screen.aspect / 2;
     }
}

HUD =
{
     x = 5120;
     y = 0;
     width = 600;
     height = 800;
}

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Anyway,, small tip for HUD_init.lua editing.. Just comment the renderpurpose a HUD ONLY VIEW. this will prevent sim from rendering HUD in HUD ONLY VIEW.

On 11/21/2021 at 12:58 PM, Sprocket1597 said:

I got this working on 2.7.8 by just adding this to HUD_init.lua:

try_find_assigned_viewport("A_10C_HUD", "HUD")

And then defining viewport with A_10C_HUD in MonitorSetup.lua. (not A10_HUD as in original post)

Can you tell me more in detail?