FOR WISHLIST - Use VR Mouse Toggle

Aries

While it is great to move the mouse in VR and click stuff, sometimes it is just faster and more natural to look at a switch and push a HOTAS bound operate button.

The problem is that the mouse is dislocated after mouse movement and it is often impossible to use it with head movement to point at a wished location in cockpit...

Is there a way to bind a "Center mouse pointer on VR view center" or to implement a simple in-sim "Toggle mouse use in VR" that would disable mouse movement when toggled and re-center the in-cockpit cursor to VR view center?

Can a moderator put this question in a VR wishlist or DCS 2.5 wishlist if it exists?

Thanks!

:thumbup:

Edited by Aries

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

Great request. I certainly would like to see something along the lines outlined.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

i dont agree with the above, but at least give us the option.

i certainly do not want to bend my neck backwards and to keep my head still to center a dot on a hard to reach button.

but yes, do give us the option for both regular selection methods, more choices, the better

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Hannibal I think you missed the op desire he wants both by triggering it on and off in sim like recenter view in vr if it’s easier to look at the switch then use that setup if it’s the over head or extreme lt/rt rear Pnm then use the mouse by activating it using a button or even voice attack if I understand that correctly you can setup voice commands like vr recenter and when it hears it it does the keyboard keys for free recenter like space bar ot Numpad enter

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

While it is great to move the mouse in VR and click stuff, sometimes it is just faster and more natural to look at a switch and push a HOTAS bound operate button.

The problem is that the mouse is dislocated after mouse movement and it is often impossible to use it with head movement to point at a wished location in cockpit...

Is there a way to bind a "Center mouse pointer on VR view center" or to implement a simple in-sim "Toggle mouse use in VR" that would disable mouse movement when toggled and re-center the in-cockpit cursor to VR view center?

Can a moderator put this question in a VR wishlist or DCS 2.5 wishlist if it exists?

Thanks!

You can do this with VoiceAttack. Using a voice command you can get the mouse to appear roughly anywhere you want on the screen. And if you worked out the exact pixel location of every switch you could get the mouse to appear over any switch using a voice command.

Edited by BigDuke6ixx

Hannibal I think you missed the op desire he wants both by triggering it on and off in sim like recenter view in vr if it’s easier to look at the switch then use that setup if it’s the over head or extreme lt/rt rear Pnm then use the mouse by activating it using a button or even voice attack if I understand that correctly you can setup voice commands like vr recenter and when it hears it it does the keyboard keys for free recenter like space bar ot Numpad enter

who said anything about voice commands?

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Thanks!

One option, in VR menu, is to disable the mouse; the cursor is always centered in VR screen, combined with mouse commands binding with the hotas, you can control switches & buttons without remove your hands from the hotas.

BUT; for some operations, this system is not suitable. For example, if you have to control the KA-50 ABRIS only with VR headset cursor, without mouse, it's a nightmare.

Thus the proposition of Aries will provide an improvement for VR community.

For me, the perfect behavior for cursor in VR environment will be:

- the use of mouse is possible

- After a mouse move inactivity time (2 seconds for example), the cursor is automatically recentered on VR screen. The cursor keep this position until a mouse movment is detected.

With this system, you can manage simple switches, buttons, rotary switches with centered VR cursor & hotas, and enter a flight plan in PVI/ABRIS with your mouse; that's will be very useful :thumbup:

I didn't see this post in wishlist topic, is there any VR dedicated topic for that???

Thanks

Loulou

Edited by guimcdo
info missing

• 2 years later...

For me, the perfect behavior for cursor in VR environment will be:

- the use of mouse is possible

- After a mouse move inactivity time (2 seconds for example), the cursor is automatically recentered on VR screen. The cursor keep this position until a mouse movment is detected.

you can do this in target

// MASTER MODE //	
	MapKeyIO(&Joystick,S1,	CHAIN( EXEC("DXAxis(MOUSE_X_AXIS, -14000);" "DXAxis(MOUSE_Y_AXIS, 25000);"), 
							MOUSE_RIGHT),CHAIN( EXEC("DXAxis(MOUSE_X_AXIS, -14000);" "DXAxis(MOUSE_Y_AXIS, 25000);"), MOUSE_LEFT)); // MAPS MASTER MODE as LMB Press slightly below line of vision. right button with a Switch In of s3 (HP Reverb in full screen)

but i agree a universal initially centre mouse in the field of view option would be welcome

Edited by speed-of-heat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I bought this and it solved most of my mouse issues. I attached to my finger and moved the mouse around using my right thigh as a pad. If you press it close enough to your skin or clothes it tracks pretty well. I can easily left/right click and mouse movements is way better than using regular mouse.

https://www.amazon.com/USB-Optical-Finger-Mouse-Pc/dp/B006ZI35J4/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=finger+mouse&qid=1588878563&sr=8-8

Win 10 · i9900K@stock · 4070Ti· ASUS Z390-A · SSD · 64Gb · TM Warthog · CV1 · Quest 2