RIP Jim "BLOOZE" Mudgett

jcbak

It is with deep regret that I inform you that one of this community's most enthusiastic members, Jim "Blooze" Mudgett has passed away of a heart attack on February 14th at his home in Mississippi at age 65.

In his younger days, Blooze was a professional blues guitar player and toured much of the world in a band with a musician named, Luther Allison. As you can imagine, there were a number of great stories from those days. Being a fan of the blues I loved to hear them.

Blooze had started a number of DCS MP groups flying the A10C which was the only aircraft he would fly....he loved it. Most recently, he had organized THE RAT PACK, flying the A10C on the NTTR map.

There are a number of us that owe our start on DCS multiplayer to Blooze. I met Blooze back when he was running the RAGTAG AIR CORPS. I was new to all of this....having no MP experience..... and useless with the A10C, but Blooze tolerated me and I learned a great deal from him....about a lot of things. The RAGTAG AIR CORPS was a great bunch of guys. I know you all will be saddened.

Blooze provided many voice overs for mission builders so most of you A10C pilots have probably heard his unmistakable, gruff sounding voice.

Blooze had flown most of the popular A10 missions several times and took great pleasure sharing them with new people.

As anyone who ever flew with Blooze can tell you, he would generally fly lead and once everyone was lined up on the runway, we would hear him, in his southern drawl, "Spool 'em up." I'm going to miss hearing that.

Wheels up, my friend. Rest in peace.

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, just damn. Thanks for letting us know Jack. You and Blooze were the first guys I flew MP with as well. The community has taken a great loss.

Edited by Ohgr
  • Like 1

V/R,

Ohgr

VCVW-11 "Vapor"

USN AE 2001-2015

Heatblur Tomcat Tester

RIP Blooze.

I have flown with Blooze several times, but most importantly - I learned a lot from him about working with sand. Without him there would not be "The Enemy Within" or it would be much more shallow.

You can hear his voice in several missions, including "Scramble".

Thanks for everything, Blooze. You will be missed.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

I only knew him from his forum presence but his contributions were still appreciated. Indeed, way to young!!

RIP

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Guys,

Would anyone be interested in putting together a large A10C flight in honor of our friend Blooze? I think it would be something he would have liked as the Hawg was his passion.

V/R,

Ohgr

VCVW-11 "Vapor"

USN AE 2001-2015

Heatblur Tomcat Tester

RIP Brother

This is a very sad day indeed. Blooze was a great man and was always there to train and mentor anyone in need. I flew with Blooze on many occasions and had an absolute amazing time with the Ragtag Air Corps that he put so much effort into. He taught me so much and kept me going when things got frustrating. It was my absolute pleasure to have known you and you will surely be missed. Fly high brother.

Skin7.thumb.jpg.5b84bd7c3b11a2ecc3f0010b11018957.jpg

WOW... this is really sad news. i only had the chance to fly with blooze a few missions but i knew immediately he was a really cool guy, you could just tell he was a really interesting guy and he made me fell welcome right from the start.

to his family; please accept my sincere & deepest condolences, i know he will be missed by you and many, many pilots in this community.

Download My F15c Radar Cheat Sheet Here

http://imgur.com/a/sxGoA

i7 6700 @4.2 | 32gb DDR4 ram | asus hero VIII | strix 1080Ti

VMA-223 Bulldogs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|

Wow this is unbelievable I unfortunately was in the process of trying to fly with him and just recently received a dm from him I can't believe he's gone when I was just talking to him. I would really appreciate being a part of honoring him please dm when and where the honor flight will take place

The State Military (CVW-17)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

VICTORY 104

F-14B BuNo 161442

VF-103

LTJG J. “Shades” Gray

http://www.statelyfe.com

Win-10 x64

EVGA 2070 FTW

Thermaltake 850w

Intel I7-8700K at 3.7 Ghz

32GB Corsair DDR4 at 3000mhz

The old Ragtag Logo

2135886124_Ragtaglogo.jpg.c8eecf4c19f7a5ab7d17be9811f4883d.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]