Dogs of War Server

Was on the server yesterday and really had a ball once I eventually got the 190 in the air, fantastic server guys, can't wait to come back :pilotfly:

Intel Core i9-10850K

ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming motherboard

Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Master

32 GB Corsair Vengeance LED 3000MHz DDR4

Thrustmaster Warthog/ HP Reverb G2

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh the joy strafing doras.

You have the chance to fight human opponents but shoot aircraft on the ground instead?:megalol:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Was on the server yesterday and really had a ball once I eventually got the 190 in the air, fantastic server guys, can't wait to come back :pilotfly:

Just dropping by to say I had a great time on this server last night - escaped from a group of 3 hungry Mustangs in my FW, awesome engagement. DoW server is certainly worth looking at if you like WW2 aviation!

Glad to hear you guys are enjoying your time on the server! We are doing our best to accomodate the masses but keep the performance on par as well. Seemingly a daunting task from the start but I think we've hung in there so far. Someday I may need to implement a more "professional" array of hardware. Donations are always welcome :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

Thanks for hosting it Merlin. I had a great time on there yesterday and was able to get off the ground without too much stuttering.

You may have to change to some airports with multiple runways if its going to be packed with 20+ people. The Luftwaffe base was hard to takeoff from with all the craters and corpses in the way. :megalol:

oh the joy strafing doras.

You have the chance to fight human opponents but shoot aircraft on the ground instead?:megalol:

I guess each person plays to their own skill level. :D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

If I may add another suggestion... When your airfield gets attacked and you are on the ground, there is a siren going off. It's a cool effect, but... The volume of the siren is very high and it tends to annoy me a little (even with canopy closed, I still hear it as if someone was screaming in my ears). Maybe tone the volume of the siren down a little?

• ED Team
If I may add another suggestion... When your airfield gets attacked and you are on the ground, there is a siren going off. It's a cool effect, but... The volume of the siren is very high and it tends to annoy me a little (even with canopy closed, I still hear it as if someone was screaming in my ears). Maybe tone the volume of the siren down a little?

That is a nice touch... I need to get on this server this weekend, but not tonight... Air Show tonight.. watching the Horsemen turn out some Mustangs :)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Love the Dogs of War Server!!! Plz PM me the Teamspeak pass too plz?

Edited by thinkr

Modded CapLoz HeliosV2.1_1280x1024.zip

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS:A10C,KA-50, Huey, Mi-8, WWII Euro 40+ Supporter, Mig21

Falcon 4 BMS

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Take on Helicopters

Arma 2 AO + PMC + BF All Addons Series

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Medivac & Search and Rescue 4 Series

thinkr, watch PM!

Chuck, yes the siren is loud thats true...i will ask around whether its too loud for others as well...cheers for the feedback

but somehow i also feel that a siren has to be somehow annoying, so that one doesnt ignore it... :)

EDIT:oh btw, right now the siren gets triggered for everybody on the attacked side, even if planes are in the air....but very good idea to have it only audible for planes on the ground!!!thx!

Edited by 9./JG27 DavidRed

ok dogs of war server updated:

we are now running three missions in a circle.

each lasting two hours if no side wins the battle earlier.

-Dogs of WWII (by DavidRed)

-Dogs of WWII Winter Warz (by DavidRed)

-Mustangs vs Doras (by Hattrick)

we hope you enjoy it, and for sure we are looking for further/constant feedback, to keep the server successfull.

we are only as good as you guys give us feedback!

TEAMSPEAK ACCESS: for getting teamspeak access, please register on our website, where you will find the necessary details.

please do not hand out the adress to others, unless you are given permission by one of the following DoW Members:

Chief (aka Merlin-27)

Balto (aka Whiplash)

D0o0m

Hattrick

Dogs of WWII is the mission which has been running the last few days(its both pvp and coop mission, depending of how you play it...for example if all are only on one side, then enemy AI will spawn in(watch the first posts vid in that thread)

Dogs of WWII Winter Warz, follows the exact same style and principle, just at a different location of the map, and with winter textures.

Mustangs vs Doras also got the point system and several ground targets, divided into three cities(overall the same principle, but slightly different style)

EDIT: i already know about a bug, which affects all our missions currently...as i have forgotten to adjust the trigger zones of bridges to give credit for the german bombs, those will very likely not work.ill have a look into that later that evening, and hopefully ED has implemented the Dora's bombs into the mission builder.

haha

i bet that im your left!!

this photo taken as we flew 3 FW 190s before the airport battle today,is that right?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

Just a few shots from the DoW Server...

Morning Sortie:

2014_08_07_00003.jpg

Chewed by a P-51 (Thanks Bounder :mad: ):

2014_08_09_00007.jpg

2014_08_09_00008.jpg

Bounder experiences the wonder of one winged flight:

2014_08_09_00011.jpg

2014_08_09_00012.jpg

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Thank you Merlin, Awesome server. But I lag even on medium. Hope you able to drastically reduce that. I think is the game not optimized as good. I remember I went through the same problem with Arma 3 till Bohemia got around to it. Good luck!!!

Specs: i7 4----,MSI 7970 3gb, 512 ssd Samsung, 8gb ram.

Specs: i7-4790K @4.00 ghz, EVGA 2080ti , 16GB ram, Samsung 512GB SSD x2.

Gear: Virpil Alpha stick with Mongoos T-50CM2 throttle, Combat-Pro flight pedals, Track ir 5 & Reverb G2

You know, I'm starting to think that maybe I *don't* like the current Dora-Mustang balance, after all. At least, the sim doesn't actually support them in a way that balances them.

See, thing is, while very technically impressive and immersive, the map has a fatal flaw: by making scoring based primarily on ground attack, it FORCES you to low altitude. Sure, the Mustang pilots could go high, but then the Doras would just strafe everything, and game over.

Unfortunately, I've found fighting Dora players is, frankly, BORING. The setup brings out the worst in them: the flak, while cool and perhaps historical (though in that kind of density, at every singleton in the sky?), is a beacon that there is an enemy in your airspace. Cool, it makes it easier to find a target... well, it makes it easier for the Dora pilots to find targets, anyway, because they don't ever bother to do anything but circle around their own airspace waiting for a Mustang to try ground attack.... and let's face it, if BOTH sides just hung out in their own airspace, that'd make a really boring game. So the Mustang players always go offensive and fly primarily ground attack, the Allied side almost always wins the match on points, but it's a bit unsatisfying because all of the air combat encounters seem to be "get completely surprised by a Dora you didn't even know was there, because they can see you from a zillion miles off due to the flak, but you can't see them for beans because the sighting distance in the game sucks, and they never come to the Allied side of the map".

So it always seems to come down to a choice between a) attack enemy ground vehicles and get bounced by the Doras because they can see you way better than they can see them, b) try to go A2A, and... still lose because you have to go find them over their own base and they can see you way before you can see them, or c) wait in your own territory hoping they'll come in where you have an advantage, then go land when you're bingo on either fuel, or patience. Not that I hold any of this against the Dora players, it's a smart way to play, but it's boring. I never, EVER see any form of dogfighting. It's all complete surprise BnZ... and since the surface targets force you down low, even if you DO manage to beat them in BFM, they all just kick the spurs and zip away at low altitude the instant they're in a disadvantageous position, and without higher boost, there is nothing, absolutely nothing, the Mustang can do to catch them.

...Unfortunately, I'm not sure I have much in the way of suggestions to fix it, though. Perhaps make the points needed for victory lower? Add AI bombers (Tu95 set to lower speed? Preferably at contrail altitude, so the players have warning) that will carpet bomb the airfields if not intercepted?

I was flying this weekend with fw 190 at dogs of war...i was many times lost trying to find mustangs. i can´t find any mustangs at front line or i didn't find the front line place.... only find mustangs strafing my base geting fw190´s trying to takeoff.

Should be my mistake...but "k" map didn't help me to navigate. it's easier to navigate near the sea when its not...its for me a nightmare.