DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

In case you have any more questions, please feel free to post in this section. I think it should be the correct one.

Appreciated :thumbup:

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

• 1 month later...

An air data boom is used to collect source data during the flight testing of aircraft. The air data boom is mounted on the aircraft in a location that allows for relatively undisturbed air to be measured. To attain such undisturbed air, mounting is usually done on the nose, wing, or upper horizontal stabilizer of the aircraft.

• Like 1

YouTube || Copycats - technology and product clones (primarily aviation) || dgrigoriev.com
SPECS: i7 8700K (OK 5GHz), 2xGTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, 1Tb SSD, WIN 10, 2560x1440, Oculus Rift CV1 || TM Warthog, TIR5, MFG Crosswind pedals

An air data boom is used to collect source data during the flight testing of aircraft. The air data boom is mounted on the aircraft in a location that allows for relatively undisturbed air to be measured. To attain such undisturbed air, mounting is usually done on the nose, wing, or upper horizontal stabilizer of the aircraft.

Forget the boom man I know what that is XD I'm talking about that payload lol

Where can I find the Training patches? I"m looking through the folders, but cant seem to locate them. Thanks in advance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

I have a question about piloting the A-10C (or anything else for that matter) IRL. In DCS, when someone rattles off a radio message at me with some target info I quickly scribble the info down with a pen and paper before copying it into the CDU. This is especially useful if I'm not given prior warning that I'm about to be sent target info so I don't have time to setup the CDU (e.g. create a new waypoint etc) beforehand. Do pilots IRL have a notepad and pen to mark things like this down? If not then I'll stop doing it :P

Eagerly anticipating DCS: Space Shuttle

Yes, they have kneeboards.

They would take notes there. However, in modern aircraft coordinates are usually sent directly to the aircraft system using Data-Link systems. The A-10C is capable of that too, when contacting a JTAC in DCS he usually sends the data to your aircraft computer.

NaHshsK.jpg

But in the A-10 creating waypoints is super quick if you use the UFC. Especially offset waypoints (for example relative to Bullseye). It's 5 seconds.

Edited by Zabuza

Another old fashioned way of noting coordinates and info is a grease pencil and write it on the canopy. :)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Are there any reliable sources on the AGM-65Hs capabilities in different environments ?

Back in the 1.2 days and before, the last time I was using H variants, the D maverick had an average reliable range of 7.4-7.9nm and the H had a reliable average range of 5-5.5nm.

Now-a-days lock ranges seem to differ a lot, especially for the H.

In winter condition, the lock ranges go down to 4nm and below (some people report down to 2-3nm). In general, the weather setting (as to season) seem to have a great effect on it.

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

• 3 weeks later...
How do you defeat radio guided missiles like the Tunguska and Roland in the Hog?

You either break the line of sight or maneuver in auch a way that the missile misses, like placing it on you 3/9 and then turning into it.

Thus you usually want to fly very low and behind terrain cover. Popup shortly for weapon release and then quickly behind cover again.

You either break the line of sight or maneuver in auch a way that the missile misses, like placing it on you 3/9 and then turning into it.

Thus you usually want to fly very low and behind terrain cover. Popup shortly for weapon release and then quickly behind cover again.

Not really.

The Tunguska missile is SACLOS: the best way to defeat it is to maximize line of sight rate; basically put the missile on the 3-9 line, keep it there, and don't manuever whilst going as fast as possible. Also note that none of the CM we have in DCS is useful against it.

Roland (and most other missile threats) you want to turn away and out of plane from it, not into it: especially not directly into it.

• 4 weeks later...

MRFCS BFT08 Issue

Can anyone point me in the right direction in regards to the MRFCS rolling violently in BFT08? I've flown and landed with MRFCS in free flight and during campaigns, but during BFT08 it is unflyable.

Thank you so much.

Display Colors

Hi, I've been flying the A-10C and reading the manuals and I saw that when the DSMS is selected and you turn on training mode, there are certain texts on the MFCD that turn blue, however, when I do this, the text are actually a purpleish-white. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

Hi, I've been flying the A-10C and reading the manuals and I saw that when the DSMS is selected and you turn on training mode, there are certain texts on the MFCD that turn blue, however, when I do this, the text are actually a purpleish-white. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

afaik there is not more to the procedure than you describe: put the switch on training puts you in training mode which is colorcoded blue/purple in mfcd.

i would guess, that the difference in colour is just the effect of the updated rendering engine of dcs version 2.5.

so what was blue in vers. 1.5 might seem more like a bright purple in 2.5.

since 2.5 i often run the mfcds in "night mode", because i get better contrast and readability. this also depends on your monitor, monitor settings and in-game gamma settings of course.

i am sure we will get an overhaul or tweak of cockpit lighting and mfcd contrast at some point in the future...

• 3 weeks later...
By the way is there a manual out there available for the TF34-GE-100A engines

I don’t know of anything public specific for the engines.

The 1A-10A-1 is a public document and has a section dedicated to the engines.

Technically it shouldn’t be public if you read the distribution statement on the cover. ;). It’s just so outdated (avionics wise not aircraft performance) no one cares.

Edited by Snoopy

• 2 weeks later...