how about to start treat steam users as customers?

maquez

dear Eagle Dynamics,

how about to start treat us steam users equal like the customers of your own Shop?

For how long we need to wait any longer until we are able to finally play multiplayer? Do you ever test your updates before pushing it public to steam?

This is a major gamebreaking bug when ~310 players of YOUR customers are not able to enjoy fully the game and should be already FIXED with small hotfix!!!

On steam you can push very easy out hotfixes all other publishers on steam do this, but way faster.

I spent quite a lot money on you dear Eagle Dynamics:

Nevada Map, Steam and Eagle Dynamics release

M2000C, Steam and Eagle Dynamics release

F-5E, Steam and Eagle Dynamics release

AJS37, Steam and Eagle Dynamics release

If you really do treat your customers like that, I will in future think twice

spending again as much money on you.

kind regards

a dissapointed customer

Edited by maquez

i9 11900K, ROG STRIX Z590-E Gaming, ROG STRIX RTX 3060 TI, G.Skill Trident Z 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz, Thrustmaster T1600 Flight Pack, TrackIR 5

Hardware Benchmark

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F-86F, F/A-18C, FC3, JF-17, Ka-50, M-2000C, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24P, MiG-15bis, MiG-21bis, SA342, UH-1H, Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Combined Arms

Steam Profile, Twitch, Youtube

For months we know that steam updates come later than standalone. You've been Lucky that the 2.5 update came so fast on steam. The latest modules came months later.

Why don't you use the standalone ? Faster release of hotfixes, updates and releases.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

You dont seem to get the fact that 2.5 on Steam is still a beta version, and so its susceptible to have errors like this.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

for months last year the steam users got treated like a pandemic disease regarding updates, modul releases.

it's time to change that don't you think, if not why they ever released it on steam?

i9 11900K, ROG STRIX Z590-E Gaming, ROG STRIX RTX 3060 TI, G.Skill Trident Z 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz, Thrustmaster T1600 Flight Pack, TrackIR 5

Hardware Benchmark

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F-86F, F/A-18C, FC3, JF-17, Ka-50, M-2000C, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24P, MiG-15bis, MiG-21bis, SA342, UH-1H, Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Combined Arms

This is why Alphas and early access dont come to steam ;)

Yes they do. I have bought many mods on Steam that were early access, most recently the Harrier.

I understand that 2.5 is an alpha and don't expect it to be bug free. The problem I see is that if your an MP guy most of the MP servers move to the OB/OA right away. This forces all of us MP guys to follow suit. So even though its an OB/OA it might as well be a stable release. Thats what makes this bug game breaking alpha or not.

Maybe this is a community problem and not an ED problem, I don't know. Either way if your a Steam user you get the short end of the stick this time.

This is why Alphas and early access dont come to steam ;)

So you're saying there would have been no complains on this forum, if the 'Open Beta' MP didn't have a working lobby, lol

I tell people to be patient on Steam and it's because of bugs like these, there is an Open Beta.

IMHO that shouldn't give anyone the right to tell other players, they are deserving of being treated differently, due to their chosen platform.

for months last year the steam users got treated like a pandemic disease regarding updates, modul releases.

Last year, most Open Beta builds seemed to be pushed to Steam a day after the 'Standalone'.

It wasn't always so, so I believe ED listened to users and I have to disagree with you.

it's time to change that don't you think, if not why they ever released it on steam?

While English may not be your first language and I understand your frustration, bashing the dev's for putting a product you presumably want on Steam, will not get the Open Beta MP fixed soon or garner anyone's sympathy.

There are many things to fix in 2.5, Steam MP is but one, releasing an untested build - that later proves to have game breaking bugs is the last thing you'd want - just be patient and it'll come soon enough.

Edited by Ramsay
spelling

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Mr Wags confirmed on a Steam forum that the MP issue will be fixed in the next update, actually multiple times over the course of the last week:

`A 2.5 patch is planned for this week that will address the MP issue for 2.5 on Steam.'

He also mentioned in one of his interviews that the Steam open beta version is receiving updates with only a 24 hour delay in comparison to the ED version, which I can confirm. Additionally, some recent new modules have been released relatively quickly on Steam. What is better about the Steam version is that you can enjoy fast downloading and hassle free Steam copy protection. So overall the Steam version is in my opinion quite good and ballanced with the ED version. In fact, users of the ED stable version still do not have 2.5 which is equal to Steam users on the corresponding stable version.

Edited by -Martin-

If I were ED, I'd pull the product from Steam.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

dear ED,

thank you for finally fixing multiplayer :thumbup:

Hardware Benchmark