Why have we got a P-51H and not a P-51D ?

Basco1

This is not a whine or a moan,I'm purely just interested,but,why have we got a P-51H modelled in DCS and not a P-51D ?.....as it's obviously masquerading as ?

For those not in the know,the P-51H has the two aerial masts on the back,the P-51D has only the one :)

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

The H model was a completely redesigned aircraft. The differences between the D and the H are numerous but I can't find a single pic showing two masts on the H model.

P-51H-NA_8.jpg

Though I can find verbiage to indicate that the H had two.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

We have P-51D-30 from 1945 Pacific theater with radar and better radio and beacon equipment. Not P-51H.

Thanks for clearing that one up Solty,I knew what we had wasn't the regular European Theatre model in game and just googled P-51 models and the ones that came up with the two aerials were named as P-51 H's.

However your explanation is far more precise,and after googling that model,I can see that it is the one we have,thanks very much buddy :thumbup:

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

• 4 weeks later...

As much as I love the classic lines of the P-51D, my eyes ultimately have gotten used to and even prefer the longer/leaner lines of the P-51H that not only looks more streamlined, but enhances the performance and combat ability of the Mustang in multiple ways: Power-to-weight, drag, ability to see/use gunsight over the nose, and much improved lateral stability for flying and gunnery. It is a shame they never saw combat in WW2.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]