Sidearm questions

WolfK33

Hey all,

I´m playing around with the Sidearms, and so far two questions/problems arose:

First, I´m under the impression that when having the Jammer pod active it´s a bit harder to get a lock with the sidearm. Is it possible that the jammer disturbs the sidearms seeker so it´s harder to get a lock or is it just coincidence ?

Second, I just wanted to put my TV screen to use and lock it on the ground near a SA-15 to better see when it would launch at me when approaching it with the sidearm active. But when I got a sidearm lock and pulled the trigger instead of the sidearm my gun fired. I rechecked everything but couldn´t for the life of me get the sidearm to fire, TV on or not, activated and deactivated gun, and so on. Bug or feature ?

Hey all,

I´m playing around with the Sidearms, and so far two questions/problems arose:

First, I´m under the impression that when having the Jammer pod active it´s a bit harder to get a lock with the sidearm. Is it possible that the jammer disturbs the sidearms seeker so it´s harder to get a lock or is it just coincidence ?

Second, I just wanted to put my TV screen to use and lock it on the ground near a SA-15 to better see when it would launch at me when approaching it with the sidearm active. But when I got a sidearm lock and pulled the trigger instead of the sidearm my gun fired. I rechecked everything but couldn´t for the life of me get the sidearm to fire, TV on or not, activated and deactivated gun, and so on. Bug or feature ?

Selecting the sidearm by using the ACP panel is bugged. Select it by using the MPCD. You can use the STRS page or the RWR page.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

On, I think, the upper right, click the button for "gun" until it says "sa".

Took me a while too...

But I have to correct myself from my post above, selecting sa through EWR or STRS I still have to usually deactivate and reactivate them to get the next lock. Worked one or two times only.

• Like 1

On, I think, the upper right, click the button for "gun" until it says "sa".

That worked! Thank you!

Yesterday, I fired few, and they exploded in my face... i dont know why.... any?

Was their radar active as confirmed by the RWR?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What radars the Sidearm can engage? .range?

Yesterday, I fired few, and they exploded in my face... i dont know why.... any?

I'm under the impression they will lock any radar, however it's basically an aim-9 so the range is kinda short say 6-8 miles max, so a stealthy approach helps. it also locks the strongest radar it sees. a few have blown up in my face also, not quite sure why. great bird though! :joystick::pilotfly:

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What radars the Sidearm can engage? .range?

This may go back to an old DCS bug. When a missile looses lock or the target is destroyed while the missile is in flight, instead of continuing on a ballistic course, it will blow up. This has been fixed/broken/fixed/broken/fixed... etc. over the years.