VR sitting position moves up and down intermittentl

Badger633

This an issue I have had for some time not just in the 2.5 update. Just want to know if anybody has or is having this issue.

Most of the time no problem and then intermittently especially in a dog fight or when the aircraft is in aerobatic manoeuvres which means I am looking in all directions my sitting position will suddenly bounce up by 6 inches or so and after a couple of seconds will bounce back this happening every now and again during the action. It's worse when looking away from or at angles to the sensor.

I am using the rift. Sensor is fixed on wall in front about 1.1m clear view of my headset at all times I have tried swapping usbs for cables

Has anyone had this problem please as it is annoying.

Thanks for any help.

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

I had this problem too until I added more sensors. I am now running 4 sensors (each one basically in a corner of my gaming room) for full roomscale and I run all the sensors on a dedicated 4 port powered USB card. That made a huge difference for me. Do you only have one sensor available? Have you tried rerunning the sensor setup to see if that improves things at all? Check in the Devices Tab inside of the Oculus Home program and see if Oculus is seeing that sensor as a USB 3 device, same with your headset.

Just a few ideas, but yes i did have the exact same issue as you from time to time and it seemed to be related to poor sensor tracking. Now you have to try and isolate WHY you have intermittent poor tracking.

Oh, one last thing, make sure and disable any and all power savings features on your USB devices inside of Windows device manager. That can also cause havoc with the Oculus.

Madmatt

A-10C, AV-8B, F-16C, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, UH-1H, FC3, CA, WWII, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Gaming Rig: I7 7700k @5GHz, Corsair H115i Water Cooling, 32GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600MHz DDR4 SDRAM, Aorus GeForce GTX 1080Ti, 2 x Samsung 960 Pro M.2 1TB NVMe SSD's, Warthog HOTAS w/ Slew mod, MFG Crosswind Pedals, 2 x TM Cougar MFD's, Oculus Rift-S, TrackIR 5, Asus ROG PG3480 34" GSync Monitor @3440x1440-100Hz, Asus 27" Monitor @1920x1080-144Hz, Windows 10 x64

Had this issue two times.

First was due to USB problems, second was a faulty sensor.

Now i have the best experience when disconnecting all except 1 sensor. This ensures that the are no jumpes in the Cockpit.

Thanks for the inputs will try them all out.

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Single sensor here, and I have had this too. Fixed it by resetting the Rift, and re-calibrating the sensor etc.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Hi Knock Knock

What do you mean recalibrate is that the normal oculus set up or something more

Pretty sure he means just running the normal Oculus Sensor Setup again.

Madmatt

A-10C, AV-8B, F-16C, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, UH-1H, FC3, CA, WWII, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Gaming Rig: I7 7700k @5GHz, Corsair H115i Water Cooling, 32GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600MHz DDR4 SDRAM, Aorus GeForce GTX 1080Ti, 2 x Samsung 960 Pro M.2 1TB NVMe SSD's, Warthog HOTAS w/ Slew mod, MFG Crosswind Pedals, 2 x TM Cougar MFD's, Oculus Rift-S, TrackIR 5, Asus ROG PG3480 34" GSync Monitor @3440x1440-100Hz, Asus 27" Monitor @1920x1080-144Hz, Windows 10 x64

Pretty sure he means just running the normal Oculus Sensor Setup again.

Madmatt

Correct.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

This an issue I have had for some time not just in the 2.5 update. Just want to know if anybody has or is having this issue.

Most of the time no problem and then intermittently especially in a dog fight or when the aircraft is in aerobatic manoeuvres which means I am looking in all directions my sitting position will suddenly bounce up by 6 inches or so and after a couple of seconds will bounce back this happening every now and again during the action. It's worse when looking away from or at angles to the sensor.

I am using the rift. Sensor is fixed on wall in front about 1.1m clear view of my headset at all times I have tried swapping usbs for cables

Has anyone had this problem please as it is annoying.

Thanks for any help.

I have this with my 2 sensor setup, but only after maybe half an hour or so and after looking back to switch on the Hog lighting panel.

Head height above seat base jumps 6 inches down then resets itself. Further in the mission it will do this again at random times looking forward, resetting itself about 3 seconds later.

One of my sensors remains cool to the touch, while the other is noticeably warm at the rear end and I put it down to the sensor heating up and losing IR tracking.

I keep thinking of moving the offending sensor to be in front of my desk fan to force cool it, but have not got around to pulling out my PC and delving around in the wires yet round the back yet.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

• 4 weeks later...

Tinkickef have you resolved your issue.

I have got an additional sensor and tried the two . Still get the same jump every now and again say once every 10 mins plus especially when looking to the rear or looking away in one position for quite a while.

So then went back to one sensor but using the new sensor and not the old one. Same thing occurs. Moved usbs and also put in the oculus recommended powered usb card. Same thing happens . At a bit of a loss now.

Happens to me when I play DCS as well, as you said typically happens when looking in a rearward direction for an extended period of time or looking down in the cockpit for an extended period of time (adjusting weapon profiles via either MFCD, or adjusting other switches/toggles).

Either with a single Rift sensor or with multiple sensors. I removed once of the sensors and have gone back to a single sensor. The only reason really being that there was a performance increase as it used less system resources with one sensor. In other games, having an extra sensor plugged in doesn’t seem to have any adverse impact on performance.

Maybe somehow it’s tied into their memory leak / virtual memory leak issue that is plaguing 2.5’s attempt to be what was advertised.

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Thanks daarseth sorry you have this problem but good to know I am not on my own. There is a few of us with this issue. Let me know if you find a solution and vice versa

Hi Almighty1 to check that it was not moving i have already located my sensor on wall mount also have recalibrated but still same intermittent problem unfortunately

Hi Almighty1 to check that it was not moving i have already located my sensor on wall mount also have recalibrated but still same intermittent problem unfortunately

Same, only in DCS, for last few months. Typically always when looking to my left long periods (flying formation)

Edited by chicomick

Intel Core i7-8086k@5Ghz / Asus PrimeZ370-A

32GB DDR4 3000Mhz Mem / GTX 1080 Ti / 500GB SSD Int M2 / Samsung U28E590 4k / Oculus Rift S

It's very strange and I cannot get to the bottom of it I wonder how many people have this issue. My flying buddy does not have this issue? As you say when looking away for long periods or I have noticed when a lot going on.

I've always had this problem. When I startup DCS and in the main menu hangar, I just turn my head back and forth at a normal speed. Also moving my head closer and farther away from my sensor. You can tell it's trying to correct something because it's jumpy. After a few times moving my head it normally stops.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately tried the above but still getting my position in cockpit jumping up or down by a few inches briefly a couple of times a mission.

Tried everything from occulus and this forum still no luck

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

I fitted a new oculus recommended, pci usb 3.0 card, giving a total of 2x oculus recommended cards and a total of 14 usb 3 ports on 9 dedicated controllers. One card is dedicated to rift only and the others, my powered hub, switchboxes and controls. Updated all the drivers and am still getting the jump. Always when looking to the left (A10C- tacan, ils, cockpit lighting panel, or looking out over the stb wing).

Only happens in DCS and only after 25 mins or so. So whatever it is, it's a cumulative effect. Maybe Daarseth has something. It could be tied to the memory leak problem, although I didn't know that affected SP mode.

Swapping everything over to the other card changes nothing, nor mixing and matching usb 2 and 3 ports for the sensors. Still the same problem, I have no problem with the card dealing with the hub ( 8 further usb 3.0 ports), my wireless dongle and all my controls.

So I have come to the conclusion that it is not hardware. Something in DCS is causing it.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Same here have tried everything with usbs their power settings got an inatek card got a send second sensor updated drivers etc. Very annoying . It tends to happen to me when doing combat banking etc but sometimes when staring to the side but only a few times per mission. Annoying having to sestet sitting position when in combat.

I7. 5930k 4.35mhtz SSD 1tb 16gb ddr4 ram water gygabyte 1080 warthog inatek 4 port cv1

I have this as well with 2 sensor also at time I will get black areas on the screen usually toio one side also it takes and annoying length of time to load

Alienware Auroa R7 Intel Core i7-8700K CPU, 32GB ram Nvidia 1070 Windows 10

Edited by RePhil

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

Hi guys, something to try to help the devs narrow it down.

Did a mission, A10C, NTTR, camera jumping down when looking right as usual and jumping back to original position when looking forward.

Got some battle damage, so when back at base and shut down I ejected to take a look....

Deliberately stood on ramp and looked to right for a good while and in all directions. The camera stayed rock solid, so it looks like the problem is confined to cockpit and further rules out hardware.

Anyone care to see if this is true for everyone? If you are jumping in cockpit and not on ramp, then its something to do with the module.

Edited by Tinkickef

I have the same problem for months now, in DCS, IL2 and X Plane. I just opened a support ticket with Oculus and they replied DCS is not an officially supported application...

I haven't found the same issue in Robo Recall or Project Cars, but I spend most of my time in DCS.

I would love to find a solution to this annoying issue.

Tried with 2 sensors, with 1 sensor, swapping USB ports, etc

Win 10 - 4690k 4.4 - 1070 - 16gb ram

Edited by mcgen