Falklands close to be realease?

greco.bernardi

It's easier to post pics elsewhere than to this forum to be fair to them

What's so difficult about clicking on "manage attachments", select the files on the local PC and hit "Upload"? :huh:

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Given how far away the likely Sea harrier release is...it begs the question what Aircraft will fly on the Falklands Map...there is - barring the A4 Skyhawk mod (future compatability uncertain & wrong variant) and b*stardising the AV8B NA as a Harrier GR7 nothing currently in DCS that fits in the inventory or EITHER side at any point from the '80s to the present day is there?

Airbag_signatur.png

Given how far away the likely Sea harrier release is...it begs the question what Aircraft will fly on the Falklands Map...there is - barring the A4 Skyhawk mod (future compatability uncertain & wrong variant) and b*stardising the AV8B NA as a Harrier GR7 nothing currently in DCS that fits in the inventory or EITHER side at any point from the '80s to the present day is there?

I will quote myself from 3 years ago:

A Falklands map is pretty much my top wish regarding maps (maybe besides Afghanistan and Fulda Gap 85')!

Especially considering that most of the aircraft that were used in that conflict are available in DCS or are under development:

- UH-1 Huey (available)

- Harrier (Sea Harrier variant in development)

- Mirage III (in development)

- Gazelle (available)

- Skyhawk (Mod in development)

- Pucara (in development)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

You're right on one level...I forgot about the Hueys the Argentines deployed to the islands (and were pretty heavily used for logistical flights)

Though a transport helicopter, a partially supported Mod and a long way into the future RAZBAM module is still pretty lean pickings!

Airbag_signatur.png

What's so difficult about clicking on "manage attachments", select the files on the local PC and hit "Upload"? :huh:

If you attach that way you get tiny thumbnails and it doesnt have the same impact as uploading elsewhere and linknig said image so that it appears larger on the forum thread itself.

That's all Mr. Jin and Tonic.

Maybe they can't really be bothered doing that and just instead post to other sites.

Maybe they have a way of monetizing their traffic to other sites, i don't really know or care at this point to be honest :lol:

peace :smilewink:

If you attach that way you get tiny thumbnails and it doesnt have the same impact as uploading elsewhere and linknig said image so that it appears larger on the forum thread itself.

You can put the big image to your post by using the link of the just attached file or using the external site image if hotlinking if available (no attaching needed then).

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Well, if they don't post it here it doesn't have an effect at all on us forum users that are not into FB and stuff... :music_whistling:

Tornado3 small.jpg

Aircraft from the maps would have to include the Sea King as a neccessity......I am amazed no-one has put one up on DCS yet given the wide roles it has done....I might be biased though having flown them in the RN.....I believe I have seen a Lynx available though which might satisfy my need to HIFR

RAZBAM would have to fix the Harrier first. Since the last OB it has several bugs.

The Map teams on DCS has nothing to do with implement or bugfixing systems and modules. That require a diferent developer using diferent tools (TDK / Terrain develot kit vs Module SDK).

• 3 weeks later...

I saw this map in the list of multiplayer maps yesterday. Someone was testing it out!

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria