[CANNOT REPRODUCE] Unable to reach M1.0 in level flight with fuel tanks

razo+r

I was never able to pass or even reach M1.0. It always stopped accelerating at M0.99, and that was it. I tried it on the deck and in 30K feet Altitude with external tanks (and sidewinder/amraam).

Before I report it as a bug, is this supposed to be? Are the fuel tanks really that draggy?

Stores drag is WIP.

Is the viper even able to go supersonic with bags?

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is the same way, check your engine rpm. My afterburner will not go to full burner with the nozzle position open 100%. Nothing I have done will fix it, and asked several other groups and there are zero intelligent answers as to what could be wrong. Tomcat, hornet, and SU-33 all work fine but viper doesn't.

At the risk of being branded of "Zero Intelligence", I'm sure they all appreciate the thanks for their help ;/ :-

The Digital Electronic Engine Controller (with switch set to PRI) should be able to limit the number of AB segments used if conditions dictate that it should do so. Things that might influence this is Hi-Alt, Low speed use of AB, or excessive engine temp, or overspeed. I assume that you have no obvious Gaugues indicating issues or warning panel lights?

AFAIK, you cannot get 100% Nozzle - I thought it only opened to 90% Max?

How are you determining that you are not achieving 100% AB? Fuel flow for Mil and AB is lais down somewhere in F-16 docs - but I don't have time to search for them right now.

What have you done to make sure that it is not your throttle set-up?

The easiest test for that, being to use the keyboard to control throttle.

Have you sed the AB Reset Switch to record Eng data? I assume the module has that operative... since the manual says it does.

All being said, this is not a final product, and such things may just be the normal bugs and glitches we should expect.

Regardless: This is a good read:-

http://falcon.blu3wolf.com/Docs/HAF-F16.pdf

As are ALL the docs from here:-

http://www.ravico.com/ST/Download/Checklists/BMS/Checklists/1107_02_main.pdf

The whole intelligence thing comes from asking about adjusting the WH throttle in target, if I checked to see if the detent was mapped, and checked within dcs in the axis section. There are no warning lights and no conditions that would limit the engine from achieving the full thrust. I dont see many mentions of this as a bug, but with it being very early access I get it. Will be flying the other planes for now.

At the risk of being branded of "Zero Intelligence", I'm sure they all appreciate the thanks for their help ;/ :-

The Digital Electronic Engine Controller (with switch set to PRI) should be able to limit the number of AB segments used if conditions dictate that it should do so. Things that might influence this is Hi-Alt, Low speed use of AB, or excessive engine temp, or overspeed. I assume that you have no obvious Gaugues indicating issues or warning panel lights?

AFAIK, you cannot get 100% Nozzle - I thought it only opened to 90% Max?

How are you determining that you are not achieving 100% AB? Fuel flow for Mil and AB is lais down somewhere in F-16 docs - but I don't have time to search for them right now.

What have you done to make sure that it is not your throttle set-up?

The easiest test for that, being to use the keyboard to control throttle.

Have you sed the AB Reset Switch to record Eng data? I assume the module has that operative... since the manual says it does.

All being said, this is not a final product, and such things may just be the normal bugs and glitches we should expect.

Regardless: This is a good read:-

http://falcon.blu3wolf.com/Docs/HAF-F16.pdf

As are ALL the docs from here:-

http://www.ravico.com/ST/Download/Checklists/BMS/Checklists/1107_02_main.pdf

I have to say that I haven't bought this module yet, so any comments are from RL manuals, or from "That other well known F-16 simulator" that we must not name here.

Just been on it to check some things regarding fuel flow and nozzle position / AB. Figures are approximate and can vary depening on temp, alt & other factors. The Throttle is only asking the fuel system to do what you want, but it can in some cases alter the actual end result.

A clean F-16 flying at full Mil power, 20k Alt, around 450 Knots (Calibrated - CAS) These figures come from and older 2 seat A Model, Block 15, with a PW Engine rather than a GE, so they are for a slightly lower performance engine.

Throttle at Mil, has a nozzle pos of about 5%, Fuel flow of 9600pph, speed around Mach 0.95. RPM of 98% and FTIT of 900.

The last 2 figures should not change greatly during full AB use.

Full AB has a nozzle position of about 95%, Fuel Flow of 53 to 60 pph (it takes a long time to settle). Speed around Mach 1.35.

Just for good measure, I tried a Block50, with 2x370Gallon tanks. Max Mach with tanks about 1.2, Fuel flow at Max AB more like 75000pph, Nozzles never went higher than 65% with tanks. Mach 1.4 without tanks (pylons remaining).

Interestingly the unnamable other sim, lists things like drag factor in the loadout panel. A completely clean Block 50 F-16 scores 1.0 fror drag factor. Adding 2 Aim120B puts it at 9.0, and a further addition of the 2x 370 gallon tanks raises it to 77.0, add a couple of Aim-9s and up it goes to 89.0 Trying to get much above Mach 1 with any loadout, before you run out of fuel seems to be a bit pointless.

I used to play a certain unnamed sim game as well, though it was the newer one with th Balkans theater in it. I loved that one for the campaign! This flight model is definitely better, the plane is simple to just fly. I would recommend getting it to anyone. I have not sought advice on this forum before on this matter. With two bags under wings and nothing else I was unable to exceed .98 mach. Now that i am able to jettison them i can hit mach 1.0 in a dive after jettisoning the tanks with complete bare pylons. This isnt right in my opinion as this is a higher thrust engine and should have power to spare and easily hit at minimum mach 1 with ease.