[REPORTED] Bug in wingmans radio menu

ataribaby

• 3 weeks later...
As per Discord message to review bugs with update DCS 2.5.6.57264 Open Beta 2020-11-04 issue is still there.

did you update the .trk file as well? If not please attach it to the post above this

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

The trk helps us determine in your game whether its the module and a bug or something within your own files that is causing the issue.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

Ok then do it. I posted repro. I bought module and I am not RAZBAM QA or tester, just end user that trying reporting bug with described repro case. Do not think such trivial repro needs me create trk. Again, just boot into new mission with MiG-19 and open comms menu.

BTW maybe if you invested 5 minutes into this you will notice first part of bug is probably something that ED changed in DCS globally. I see L-39C or even Razbam M-2000C module have now Flight, Wingman 2, Wingman 3, Wingman 4 comm menus and other modules like MiG-19 and MiG-21 have just Flight, Wingman 3, Wingman 4.

Second issues with wrong (ones that doesn't apply to MiG-19) items in Ground Crew comm menu still apply.

BTW I fully understand need of TRK for more complex bug but this devs "bullying" for trk or we do not look into reported bug starting to be ridiculous.

Ok then do it. I posted repro. I bought module and I am not RAZBAM QA or tester, just end user that trying reporting bug with described repro case. Do not think such trivial repro needs me create trk. Again, just boot into new mission with MiG-19 and open comms menu.

BTW maybe if you invested 5 minutes into this you will notice first part of bug is probably something that ED changed in DCS globally. I see L-39C or even Razbam M-2000C module have now Flight, Wingman 2, Wingman 3, Wingman 4 comm menus and other modules like MiG-19 and MiG-21 have just Flight, Wingman 3, Wingman 4.

Second issues with wrong (ones that doesn't apply to MiG-19) items in Ground Crew comm menu still apply.

BTW I fully understand need of TRK for more complex bug but this devs "bullying" for trk or we do not look into reported bug starting to be ridiculous.

This is not bullying. Its simply a way to distinguish a bug that is from the module or another bug caused by a mod or a corrupted file that the devs can see that you might not. Maybe its a script messing with it, maybe SRS, maybe VIACOM. As far as this bug goes, I am not seeing it on my side so I am inclined to believe it is your side but I might be wrong. I use the same OB that everyone else uses. As for whether it gets reported or not, rather than flood the internal system with bugs that might not actually be bugs or issues that are the users error, I vet and sift through all of them and collect all the necessary evidence on the matter. Once I have all of that info, I pass it along to the CB testers to verify the bug and collect a sample of information for the dev team. Once the investigation is complete, I then add it to the internal tracker and assign it to team members depending on the issue. This is a streamlined and more efficient approach which reduces clutter and enhances the focus of the team in order to see, fix, and release a patch for it.

Also to add to any speculation of "well why dont they test this so it doesnt happen?" Lets say in a period of 4 weeks, the dev team uses 2 of those weeks to find, fix and repair the issues, then in 1 week they test that 1 system to make sure it works, then they submit the fix to ED. ED runs their own tests with CB Testers which might not even look at our bug. Then theres a week cutoff prior to the release which all #PDs have to meet and enter their data into. After all of that, the patch makes its way to you. Now imagine in all this time your fixing bugs, testing and working on new material simultaneously. Theres not alot of free time left in the day. I remind you these are regular people like you and I who have jobs, families and other life commitments that we have to work into our schedules.

While I appreciate the effort everyone goes through, I do not appreciate when people assume, judge or accuse anyone (whether its the dev team, another 3PD, myself or anyone else part of this community) without knowing the full scope of the situation. Your post will remains TRK FILE REQ. until your evidence is brought forth. Once that information is in, I will carry it through the proper steps as I have described to you above where it is thoroughly investigated and a proper fix is made. If you do not want to, thats ok. I wont close the thread or delete it. I will leave it here, ask for updates on it when a new patch comes, and wait for the proper information to be entered.

I hope that sufficiently answers your questions @ataribaby

• RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [REPORTED] Bug in wingmans radio menu