A10-c MFCD'S

Lockmaster

A10-c MFCD's OSB labeled differently and have wrong functions, no TGP on left , MAV select is on left. After aircraft startup complete, List is option on right where MAV used to be and other issues. Just installed new A10-c II and Syria map last night. No issues until todays update.

A-10C MFCDs now are correct per SMEs and are the same in the A-102

You're so much more knowledgable about the A-10C than most of us. Could you make a quick list of what new updates the A-10C got. I know it didn't receive the new systems that the A-10C ll got but it did seem to get a lot of changes.

Thanks

Buzz

AFAIK, the two main things the A-10C got via the release of the A-10C2 are:

- Proper arrangement of the MFCDs at start (which people can re-arrange at will)

- Flight Model tweak which allows the pilot to squeeze out a bit more performance in turning maneuvers as it relates to AOA and The Tone / Chopped Tone. IOW, you should find that you can pull a bit more aggressively without the wing drop near stall.

Some of the Cold and Dark switchology may have been changed as well.

There may be others but I've been so into the Hog2 that I haven't gone back to try Hog1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

There may be others but I've been so into the Hog2 that I haven't gone back to try Hog1

No audio tone on Master Caution got applied to the legacy A-10C too, I think?

I haven't touched the old A-10C module since A-10C II came out.

No audio tone on Master Caution got applied to the legacy A-10C too, I think?

I haven't touched the old A-10C module since A-10C II came out.

I think you're right regarding the No Audio thing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

FWIW you can edit some lua files to configure the MFCDs to your preferences from a cold start. I had no idea this was even changed since I've run that mod forever.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

FYI... moving the TGP to the left MFCD will prevent the TGP overlay being displayed in the HMCS. Considering the TGP is default mounted on the right wing, at least this has been my experience in the fast action missions.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

• 4 months later...

Lockmaster, this is the closest I can find to my question as to whether we can save the edited bottom row of the MFCD's and make that the default setup when you enter cockpit? I just replaced World latest stable to Open Beta last night, found how to edit the OSB placement so MAV is on right, TGP on left, etc. per the standalone A-10C, but have no idea if I can save that config........ I'm referring to holding an OSB down for a few seconds, clicking a replacement like DSMS into its place.

Nice feature but every time?

I browsed many lua files that might be pertinent but any ideas on a better way greatly appreciated!

EDIT: or just adapt to the new format?

Edited by salsantana

On 2/14/2021 at 9:53 PM, salsantana said:

... per the standalone A-10C, but have no idea if I can save that config........ I'm referring to holding an OSB down for a few seconds, clicking a replacement like DSMS into its place.

Nice feature but every time?

- Make a new Mission and place 1 A-10 as a Hotstart.

- Choose Flight/ Prepare Mission from Top Row

- Hop into your A-10 and make all the Changes you like (MFD, TGP, IFFCC, etc, etc)

- Exit the Mission

- Save it

Exit DCS and find the Mission in your Mission Folder

- Change ending from *.miz to *.zip

- Unzip Mission and have a look

- Find Folders CDU/ DSMS/ MFCD/ SADL/ IFFCC/ TAD/ TGP

In these folders are *.lua files that contain your changes. You can copy these as they are to any Mission you have and you are done. You can also set up your Radios in there if you like.

Sounds like alot, but the first part you only have to do once and keep it somewhere. Putting the folders into the Mission file can then be done in Minutes.

• Like 2

52d_Sig_Pic3.png