D-30 vs. D-30 (Early) fin effect modeled?

SMH

Don't know about the -30 vs. -30(early), but the I was flying the -40 last night and noticed that it's much more resistant to spinning than the -30 (and I like the ability to put the plane in a spin when I need to). Could be just my (erroneous??) perception... I'll do a more deliberate study today.

Don't know about the -30 vs. -30(early), but the I was flying the -40 last night and noticed that it's much more resistant to spinning than the -30 (and I like the ability to put the plane in a spin when I need to). Could be just my (erroneous??) perception... I'll do a more deliberate study today.

My memory is fuzzy, but I was watching a WW2-era P-47 training film that mentioned the Tbolt in general was stable and resistant to spinning, but there was one snap-spin (don't know the proper term) they demonstrated. I think it was like a power-on stall: slow speed, try a loaded turn/roll with some rudder and it will snap roll once or twice, but roll rate is still slower than what I imagine a snap roll would be like.

Take note that P-47 FM isn't completed yes, it is missing some important stuff related to High speed operatons.

Yea I tried diving it and it pulls out fine without needing the flaps. Currently you can't get into trouble in it.

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed that you must always correct the longitudinal attitude of the plane in order not to fly skidding, I intend to keep the ball in the center. Every time you accelerate or change turns or dive, the plane changes attitude and the ball runs to the right or left, which means that the bullets, rockets and bombs will go in the wrong direction, be aware of this before shooting. The ball in the center and then shoot. I can't imagine what the situation would be like in this regard if the plane had a smaller tail, the powerful engine and the very bulky quad propeller involves very large torsional torque that causes the plane to skid Conversely, in less powerful propeller aircraft this fact is less noticeable.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]My dream: DCS Tornado

Yea I tried diving it and it pulls out fine without needing the flaps. Currently you can't get into trouble in it.

Even flapless P-47 could pull out(with part of dive when plane enters uncontrolable state), but in much less pleasant way for the pilot then with diving flaps.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor