[RESOLVED] Action an No-action DMT slewing

LastRifleRound

It's a feature request. I can't provide a track for something that doesn"t exist. If you read the description for action slewing, that is how it currently works in sim. Is there a procedure I should follow to demonstrate these missing things?

And is it ok to provide references to the TACMAN and NATOPS here? I know the rules on that are touchy.

And is it ok to provide references to the TACMAN and NATOPS here? I know the rules on that are touchy.

It's my understanding that posting passages, images, or specific references to manuals are disallowed, but page numbers, general references, and paraphrasing is fine.

Since I was asked to provide a track, here it is.

CURRENT BEHAVIOR:

Shown in track. Using TDC slew stabilizes DMT immediately regardless of TDC depress. TDC depress does nothing. Essentially works as TDC Action slew all the time with the slow speed of no-action.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

Slewing DMT without TDC depressed should not stabilize the DMT. DMT should remain in same position on HUD with respect to the velocity vector until TDC is depressed. Once TDC is depressed, no-action slewing would behave as emulated currently in the sim. Holding TDC depress should result in a faster slew speed than exists in the sim.

harrier slew.trk

@LastRifleRound can you provide the evidence (bearing in mind rule 1.16) from where you believe this to be correct behaviour? That way we can reference our sources and SME to confirm

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

I think we're inadvertently reporting multiple bugs in one thread, because we're experiencing so many compound issues. I think that there is confusion because so many compound systems aren't functioning as intended.

1) Action/no action functionality is missing in general (TACMAN I, pgs. 1-205, 1-280 - 1-281, 2-44)

You are supposed to be able to slew the TDC in all directions, while holding it down (action) or not (no action). Slewing in "action" or "no action" has different effects based on the particular sensor selected.

2) ARBS/TV no action slew, without a designation, isn't functional (TACMAN I, pg. 1-202)

With no designation, "no action" slewing the ARBS/TV is roll-stabilized. Pressing the action button (either momentarily or holding it down and slewing) creates and ground-stabilizes the designation. After a designation exists, "no action" slewing is ground-stabilized, but has a lower slew rate than "action" slewing and is used for refinement.

It isn't recommended to "no action" slew onto a target for designation. The recommendation is to ground-stabilize first by pressing the action button, or fly the VV onto the target and then press the action button, but the capability should still exist to perform a roll-stabilized slew prior to a designation existing.

3) Slewing the DMT LST pattern, with or without a designation, isn't functional (TACMAN I, pgs. 1-200 - 1-202)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=285875&highlight=action

I know you are only supposed to report one bug per thread, but when compound bugs prevent you from being able to concisely test the other, or can be confused as each other, it's not really feasible here.

Edited by ChickenSim

I was only reporting that no action slew does not behave as according to the tacman. I was asked to provide a track, so I provided one showing the current behavior and explained what the difference was. I didn't post the references because Chicken already did so earlier in the thread.

Chicken's right, I have no idea if this is a bug or missing feature. That requires knowledge of the developer's intent, which I do not have.

If there is some other way I'm supposed to report things let me know. I'm going to hold off reporting until after the patch.

Still does not work. Checked briefly this morning. Will try to post track tonight when home

Tag me when you have so I can update the status for the team and have them look at it with resources.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.