Mission Editor Top User Requested Features

NineLine

Sorry if said already, but:

Ability to copy/paste trigger zones, PLEASE.

To further build on that:

The ability to copy/paste trigger zone list for easy transfer to scripts.

If the above is possible already, could someone please take the time to explain, thanks.

Edited by Baaz

Integrated Help for triggers/conditions/actions and an updated Mission Editor manual with details on how to use the dozen or more new actions etc.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Set DMPI for AI wingman in the flight. In addition an optional 'weapon' option - that way the AI will be instructed with which weapon to strike the target. If the option not selected - the AI will decide by it's own.

When giving them the order of "engage target and rejoin" the AI will attack the predefined DMPI or DMPIs (primery/secondary).

Flight -> Prepare Mission - Fix

The goal is to be able to make settings for aircraft which start other than cold, especially air-start an aircraft trimmed (regardless of load-out) and in "autopilot", but also radio channels, lighting, etc., etc.

Make it possible to copy these settings over from one aircraft of a type to another of the same type, so that they do not have to be made manually for each and every aircraft of a type.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I don't know if this counts as a mission editor request or not but....

I'd like the MP interface changing so that it's not possible to see both side's slots and airfields as soon as you load in. Ideally I'd prefer a much more FOG OF WAR type system where you choose a side and then can only see the slots that are available. It makes little sense to me that you can log into a server, see exactly where a pilot has spawned in and fly there to kill him on the ground because he's gone AFK for a little while or is slower and less experienced in getting the aircraft started than you are.

For a game which prides itself so highly on REALISM, I find it...odd to say the least.

I'd like the MP interface changing so that it's not possible to see both side's slots and airfields as soon as you load in. .

I'd also like this.

There should be a realism option which disables the table showing where each player has spawned.

• Like 2

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Not directly a ME feature, but an ability to save the current state of a mission would be awesome. Then all human players would probably have to be sent back to their spawn points for when the game is resumed on the dedicated server.

And therefore, ability to edit saves in ME. (to add / remove some AI units, make them move etc)

- Escape key having some kind of a function, exit dialog?

- A generic out of the box "Patrol" setting for movable units in the waypoint options, without having to setup separate triggers to tell them to go back to the opposite end of the path when reaching the last waypoint.

I'm going to post my big list of ideas in a few moments I hope there still is a few hours left. ASAP. (Still writing ..)

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2021 at 9:51 PM, Hoirtel said:

I'd like a simple selection box....

If you are talking about dragging the mouse to a selection box to select multiple units at once without individually clicking at each one then... Yes I agree. 😁

Given the complexity of different units, it might be tricky. However, allowing a selection box only for static objects for example it would be a huge addition to make mission building faster.

Edited by Andreas - VF-14 Napa
  • Like 2

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

49 minutes ago, L-1011 said:

3D preview for have a better placing

I think the placing of units, client controlled or AI or passive, is a pain in the butt.....

any improvement in that regard is welcome!

• Like 2

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

9 minutes ago, Harry.R said:

If possible I'd like a Template for active airfields included, so no more sterile airbases or spending hours in the ME creating clutter.

+1

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

5 hours ago, Andreas - VF-14 Napa said:

If you are talking about dragging the mouse to a selection box to select multiple units at once without individually clicking at each one then... Yes I agree. 😁

Given the complexity of different units, it might be tricky. However, allowing a selection box only for static objects for example it would be a huge addition to make mission building faster.

Yes that's it. A selection box for statics would do. I see for units it may be harder, but we can already copy and paste groups, just not select them...

51 minutes ago, Harry.R said:

If possible I'd like a Template for active airfields included, so no more sterile airbases or spending hours in the ME creating clutter.

On 3/9/2021 at 7:51 PM, Hoirtel said:

On that template note if we could use a selection box and make templates from that, that would be helpful. I hate that saving a template saves everything on the map. Seems useless as its little difference from re-editing the .miz file. I now add airbase clutter on fresh maps and then save as templates so I can paste them into other missions. Its a workaround.

On 3/9/2021 at 8:51 PM, Hoirtel said:

I absolutely second this, it is extremely annoying to pick each static object individually when moving an entire FOB from one Place to another

• Like 3

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

On 3/3/2021 at 2:40 AM, SspectrumM said:

This please...🙏

COALITION.jpg

Or this...

UNIT.jpg

The most bizzare thing about DCS is that these conditions are not in the ME, specially since it can be done for AWACS and EWRs with a simple script already. This is a huge gamechanger.

Add an Elevation Attribute to the Effects (Smoke/Fire).  So that we can put them at the top of Oil Platforms; Houses; Factories; etc..

DCS_Smoke Effect Elevation.jpg

• Like 5

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download