Any model in particular you may be interested?

joanvalley

I get the "developing one period out" thing. But the modern one is, with the exception of any opposition (FC3 aside), already quite developed out (when you include the things in development). So the only really new and interesting thing you can add is a new "checked box", something that provides a certain mechanic/capability that's unique and we don't already have. Jump-jets, older specialized SEAD aircraft, and Eastern designs come in to mind.

When I buy a module, I look for something I can't already do with my existing ones. An exception can be made if one has similar capabilities, but is of the opposing coalition.

The aforementioned "develop one period out" approach could, and would, work very nicely on a period of which we have comparably low numbers of aircraft of. The early-mid Cold War one for example. But that looks like it's getting better with the Mirage 3, MiG-19p, and F-4E (F-14 is in a hole new league and would contest nicely in the modern arena). But there still lies a gaping hole that was going to be filled by RAZBAM.

But when looking at the modern period, there's trouble. The legal action doesn't work out nicely at all. Having a period that's very developed out on one side, but empty one the other, is not the most desirable of things. Especially when you look at multiplayer.

It would also be nice to see a supporting cast of fitting maps and units. But these take a lot of resources, especially when you have to recreate a time period. For now we will just have to "make due" with what we already have.

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

or maybe.... an F15E

that has been on Razbams to do list, but Lack of A2G radar meant they ended up doing the M2000C ( though eventually the M2K as per RL counterpart will get an A2G terrain mode) , and currently the av8b harrier 2 Night attack, which will also include a second version the Av8B NA + which will have a multimode radar ( An/Apg 65) once ed release the F18C.

There are some available screenshots of Cockpits of the WIP F15E Strike Eagle. from a few years ago for DCS.

post-230-0-05366900-1348234606.jpg

As much as i would like to see the F16C, hoever for above reasons i only think its logical they would do the F15E first because it was already started and part of thier "to do" list.

Edited by Kev2go
  • Like 1

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

SU-25 UTG

To complete the navy with effective A2G

but the Su33 does have effective A2G munitions minus laser guided stuff that the Su25 would have. Plus the here were only 10 UTGS converted from UB trainers. Its another Low rate service aircraft that would be harder to get data on, even if Ru govt allowed for it, Would be more practical to jsut have a full fidelity sim of the Su25A, or perhaps if something from the soviet navy the Yak 38 for something different.

Besides Naval Carrier Projections is not their strong suit, or a defining aspect of the Russian armed forces.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

but the Su33 does have effective A2G munitions minus laser guided stuff that the Su25 would have. Plus the here were only 10 UTGS converted from UB trainers. Its another Low rate service aircraft that would be harder to get data on, even if Ru govt allowed for it, Would be more practical to jsut have a full fidelity sim of the Su25A, or perhaps if something from the soviet navy the Yak 38 for something different.

Besides Naval Carrier Projections is not their strong suit, or a defining aspect of the Russian armed forces.

Agreed, a full fidelity Su-25 would be more realistic to expect. It would also provide a more suitable module for most environments, since the Russian Navy doesn't really play as much of a role as the Air forces do in a potential conflict. They are mostly blocked off from the oceans by ice or NATO countries.

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

I just looked at the original post, but I'll place my 2 cents for the P-38L here. I'd love to see that plane in DCS.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone, and a funny bone.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

I just looked at the original post, but I'll place my 2 cents for the P-38L here. I'd love to see that plane in DCS.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone, and a funny bone.

http://leatherneck-sim.com/coming-soon/

There's a chance of getting it by LN, the pictures seem to be hinting at it. But ya' never know.

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Personally I'd like to see a Mig-25 module somewhere down the line. ;)

Modules:

Owned:

P-51D, F/A-18C, AJS-37, NTTR, F-5E, M-2000C, Bf 109, Fw 190 D-9, F-86F, Mig-15Bis, A-10C, Combined Arms, Mi-8Mtv2, UH-1H, Black Shark 2, Mig-21Bis, FC3, F-14A/B, Mig-19, Spitfire, JF-17, Persian Gulf

Would Like to See:

Mig-29K, Su-24, Mig-25, J-8II, J-10 , Tornado

Specifications:

Windows 10 64Bit, i7-7700K 4.2Ghz, GTX 1080, 16Gb RAM, T.flight Stick X

or maybe.... an F15E

that has been on Razbams to do list, but Lack of A2G radar meant they ended up doing the M2000C ( though eventually the M2K as per RL counterpart will get an A2G terrain mode) , and currently the av8b harrier 2 Night attack, which will also include a second version the Av8B NA + which will have a multimode radar ( An/Apg 65) once ed release the F18C.

There are some available screenshots of Cockpits of the WIP F15E Strike Eagle. from a few years ago for DCS.

post-230-0-05366900-1348234606.jpg

As much as i would like to see the F16C, hoever for above reasons i only think its logical they would do the F15E first because it was already started and part of thier "to do" list.

Whats interesting is Silver Dragon's Roadmap-Thread regarding the F-16 und the F-15:

*201?

*Modules

+ A-10C (Released) (PFM/ASM)

-- APKWS II guided rocket (ToDo)

- AH-64 (Hope To) (201?)

- Combined Arms (2.X Unknown) (201?)

-- vehicle infantry transport capability (APC / IFV)

-- Realistic track and wheel physics

-- Realistic engine power graphs and torque ratios, gearbox, clutch, transmission, damping.

-- Infantry update

-- realistic tank / artillery guns fire

- Ka-50 Update (Unknown) (201?)

- F-16C (in progress) (201?)

*Partners

+ Belsimtek:

- F-15C (hope to)

-- Hardcore module system

-- click-able cockpit

+ RAZBAM

-- Embaer 314 Super Tucano (in progress) (201?)

-- Harrier AV-8B Plus (planned) (201?)

-- Harrier GR.3/ GR.5 (planned) (201?)

-- A-6 Intruder (planned) (201?)

-- A-7 Corsair II (in progress) (201?)

-- F-15E Strike Eagle (planned) (201?)

Just to clarify: I cut out some stuff within the quote to just show the relevant data.

According to Silver Dragon, ED is already working on the F-16C and the F-15E is marked as planned by Razbam.

Cheers :music_whistling:

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

http://leatherneck-sim.com/coming-soon/

There's a chance of getting it by LN, the pictures seem to be hinting at it. But ya' never know.

I couldn't find any pictures of the 38 on that site.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

I couldn't find any pictures of the 38 on that site.

Look, closely behind the logo... There's a suspiciously P-38 looking nose-cone and wings.

And "proof", you're not alone! Though it would be more realistic to expect something less classified, like the MiG-23 or Su-15 (still not going to happen). If someone were to get sufficient documentation, then great! But in the mean time, let's not expect anything like this to ever happen. As a rule: if it's Russian and somewhat new, you're not going to get it. Gotta hope the MiG-31 does not contain any important classified systems originally on the MiG-25, because that would deny us getting that bird as a module.

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Look, closely behind the logo... There's a suspiciously P-38 looking nose-cone and wings.

And "proof", you're not alone! Though it would be more realistic to expect something less classified, like the MiG-23 or Su-15 (still not going to happen). If someone were to get sufficient documentation, then great! But in the mean time, let's not expect anything like this to ever happen. As a rule: if it's Russian and somewhat new, you're not going to get it. Gotta hope the MiG-31 does not contain any important classified systems originally on the MiG-25, because that would deny us getting that bird as a module.

The mig25 would be cool. That radar would be a good match against the tomcat for power, and range too (although the maneuverability would be questionable)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Now that VEAO Simulations is out of the DCS business for now.How about the Hawker Hurricane,Typhoon,Sea Fury,Sea Hawk,and the Hunter.:music_whistling:

I'd say that there's some chance of seeing the Hurricane or Hunter. The rest is either not very marketable or impossible to get documentation on.

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

I would really like to have a MiG 29 full fledged module. Such an iconic aircraft. I believe should have a module. If for no other reason, Respect comes to mind and it is just a really cool aircraft. Will DCS ever make this module for us? Perhaps the fly-by-wire version? The one designed for carrier operations, maybe? I'm not sure, I think it was called the MiG 29M. Idk... Hats off to the Mikoyan Design Bureau, for this creation, and thank you... It is still my absolute favorite... :pilotfly:

I would really like to have a MiG 29 full fledged module. Such an iconic aircraft. I believe should have a module. If for no other reason, Respect comes to mind and it is just a really cool aircraft. Will DCS ever make this module for us? Perhaps the fly-by-wire version? The one designed for carrier operations, maybe? I'm not sure, I think it was called the MiG 29M. Idk... Hats off to the Mikoyan Design Bureau, for this creation, and thank you... It is still my absolute favorite... :pilotfly:

We're not going to see one. Though in the very unlikely event that we will see one, it will be the vanilla MiG-29 or MiG-29a.

Attempting to simulate a semi-modern Russian aircraft has resulted in the Russian government pressuring ED with legal action. That's why the Su-27 module was discontinued.

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

MiG-29. Need a good one. At the minimum, a PFM update like the 33 is getting.

We're not going to see one. Though in the very unlikely event that we will see one, it will be the vanilla MiG-29 or MiG-29a.

Attempting to simulate a semi-modern Russian aircraft has resulted in the Russian government pressuring ED with legal action. That's why the Su-27 module was discontinued.

thats why the Su27 SM plans were discontinued instead in favor of creating a Su27S. That has not been officially ruled out.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1839764&postcount=223

Only difference between the Su27S and early production Vanilla Su27 is a more powerful Engine.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

thats why the Su27 SM plans were discontinued instead in favor of creating a Su27S. That has not been officially ruled out.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1839764&postcount=223

Only difference between the Su27S and early production Vanilla Su27 is a more powerful Engine.

As far as I know it was going to be a full module, but they had to degrade the offer to FC3 level and an earlier variant. Fell free to correct me if necessary.

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]