Really struggling to spot aircraft without lables

Wingnutt270

I recently purchased the F86 module and was really excited for some good ole mig ally action..

Problem is I cant see a Mig15 pretty much at all, to the point where I can know EXACTLY where it is and be looking directly at it and unless I'm right on top of it, I cant see it at all.

I know this is related to the resolution of the Rift, but I ---DESPISE--- using labels, even using the period mod looks like trash (IMO)

There is no longer an option for object magnification it seems, which helped in 1.56.

Is there a mod or tweak to help this out a bit? I know many games address this issue by rendering the aircraft as a minimum pixel count (dot) out to a certain range, a good example would be ACES HIGH. If the AC is within a distance that it is reasonable that you could normally see it, it will always be at least a dot so it cant "hide" in the resolution.

I've tried searching but I run into the familiar quagmire of time VS version lots and lots of threads but most are dated either regarding the iteration of the rift or the game itself so the solutions/ideas in them are no longer relevant to the game or rift.

Could really use some help.

Edited by Wingnutt270

Well I ordered a Pimax 4K so we will see of that fixes it.

and for the tracking ... what do you use ???:music_whistling:

Clevo Sager - i7 6700-K 4.0Ghz OC@4.4Ghz - RAM 32GB DDR4 - VIDEO Nvidia 980 GTX 8Go - XFi SoundBlaster

VR with Oculus Rift - KGB Gunfighter-Pro + Cougar Gaz + Simped + volant T300 + pédalier LeoBodnar

You don't realize that what you expect is far from reality. Real jets can be very difficult to spot at relatively close range. Things in the real world are smaller than you think and much harder to spot as well...

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

You don't realize that what you expect is far from reality. Real jets can be very difficult to spot at relatively close range. Things in the real world are smaller than you think and much harder to spot as well...

But the pixel resolution and frame rate of our eyes, brain & the real world are much higher than a PC screen, therefore simulations compensate for this with tricks like enlargement or black dots.

Also, specularity and flashes from movement & reflected light are easy to spot in RL compared to the simulation, even in our peripheral vision.

An F-16 1 mile in front of you and head on with a closure rate of 1200 Kts would be invisible to your eyes. Even on a good day...

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

• 3 months later...

I've also had the experience of flying in a Lear jet with Navy contractors working with real GCI Controllers vectoring us towards another Lear jet that was playing the Bandit. We were at 24k ft and he was at 25k ft. We we were to report, "tally bandit" when we saw him. Even knowing our relative altitudes and four pairs of eyes, including a retired Navy F-18 pilot, still had us only spotting the bandit at less than a mile.

under setting UIlayer you can map a button to zoom. In radar you know where the plane must be. With zooming is the spotting much easier.

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly: