Low FPS with 1.5.1

Catweasel

Pause the game, the fps will rise. Same in 1.5.0.

Does this rule out a geometry/texture issue? To me, it does.

Considering this, and adding my experience above (in which the fps drops linearly with taxi speed), I am willing to bet it is a FM issue. Perhaps the undercarriage?

Edited by Teeter

/Gregory Smiddy

Programming

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Just checked out of curiosity. It's playable for me, at least at free flight, but the FPS is far from solid and regularly drops with frequent stutters. This is with an i5 2500K@4,5GHz and a GTX 980 plus 16 gigs of RAM. I have a feeling this has something to do with the textures - not much stuff in the Mig that might cuase a drop (MFDs, mirrors), but the pit itself is definitely higher rez than other planes. Looks great, but I'd rather have more FPS. :(

I notice I have a large drop in FPS when I close my canopy. My trackir becomes super stuttery and hard to use.

I have a cold start mission in krymsk i made with zero other planes or objects in the world and as soon as I closed my canopy I dropped to 50fps from above 60.

Similar issue here. My FPS according to nvidia is still around 60 to 120, but it's stuttering so badly that I doubt I'm actually getting more than 10. None of the other modules have this issue. The stuttering occurs in both cockpit and external views. System specs in my signature and all drivers are the latest version. I'm running at 1080p.

Same here......

I get 50 fps all the while, but as soon as I turn the battery switch on the stuttering starts but no drop in fps. Turn it off again and the stutter disappears.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I have 50fps at the start of the Cold start instant mission, going down to 25 during the taxi. It's much better after takeoff, 80-90.

On an empty part of the map I have around 100fps. At least it says so, but due to the stutters it feels more like 20. :(

With other modules at the same place I have 130fps, smooth, no stutter.

i5 4460 3,2GHz , GTX970, 16GB RAM, SSD

Investigation in progress.

We have found that it is an intermittent spike in CPU load.

This means general FPS is good (as it was before) - just this spike is making it feel like 20fps.

Working on it.

Great! :thumbup: Hope youl'll fix it soon!

The 21 is my favorite plane, I'd hate to have it grounded because of something as trivial as some CPU load spike. biggrin.gif

Edited by grunf

Investigation in progress.

We have found that it is an intermittent spike in CPU load.

This means general FPS is good (as it was before) - just this spike is making it feel like 20fps.

Working on it.

Ok, so just for information:

My FPS with other modules (mig 15, warthog) my FPS is at 70 consistently. With Mig 21 pos 1.5.1 my frames are in the 40's and I am getting the CPU spike you spoke of.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]