Creating a Single Universal Liveries Folder for All Installs

SkateZilla

Thank you for this SkateZilla!! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Aren't Pilot skins part of the aircraft skin description files?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 2 months later...

I am having a bit of trouble with the Viggen and Spitfire skins.

for example

I have created a folder in my DCS.Liveries folder called "AJS37" I have placed 1 or 2 skins in there but they dont show up in the mission editor just the 2 default skins.

it's the same with the Spitfire the folder is called "SpitfireLFMkIK"

What have I done wrong? Any ideas

Cheers

SD

[sIGPIC]sigpic55726_5.gif[/sIGPIC]

having a bit of trouble with the Spitfire skins.

I have created a folder in the DCS.Liveries folder named "SpitfireLFMkIX" and placed a few skins in there but none of them are showing up in the editor only the default skins.

Its the same with the Viggen the folder is named "AJS37" b ut none of the skins I have put in ther show up in the editor.

What am I doing wrong? any ideas.

[sIGPIC]sigpic55726_5.gif[/sIGPIC]

I am having a bit of trouble with the Viggen and Spitfire skins.

for example

I have created a folder in my DCS.Liveries folder called "AJS37" I have placed 1 or 2 skins in there but they dont show up in the mission editor just the 2 default skins.

it's the same with the Spitfire the folder is called "SpitfireLFMkIK"

What have I done wrong? Any ideas

Cant say about the Spitfire, but with the Viggen the utility works well ... this is my DCS.Liveries folder for the AJS37:

ajs37_liveries_1.jpg

... and they do show up on Mission Editor:

ajs37_liveries_2.jpg

Perhaps you are using a country that isn't listed on the livery's description.lua file ... for example, on the skin of my example, the description.lua file includes this lines:

name = "USA - US Navy Tiger Tail VAW-125 (by coronaman)"

countries = {"USA", "FRA", "UKR", "SPN", "NETH", "TUR", "BEL", "GER", "NOR", "CAN", "DEN", "UK", "GRG", "ISR", "ABH", "RSO"}

So, if the plane I'm using is from a different country, the skin won't show up on the ME.

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 months later...

Dear Skatezilla,

It seems that the last update of DCS World has broken this Mod ... when I go to the mission editor and add a new plane, it doesnt show the liveries preview and the mission editor gets stuck ... can you please check?

Could it be that I've gathered too many liveries ?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Dear Skatezilla,

It seems that the last update of DCS World has broken this Mod ... when I go to the mission editor and add a new plane, it doesnt show the liveries preview and the mission editor gets stuck ... can you please check?

Could it be that I've gathered too many liveries ?

It still works for me,

I have all my DCS Installs on my H:\ Drive (up to about 10 installs now)

ie H:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS.Install\

The Entire Drive is nothing but DCS World actually, so it's literally a DCS Drive

I have /Saved Games/DCS.Install/Mods/Aircraft/Liveries Import/entry.lua for all of the installs I use custom skins with w/ Link to One folder.

I have my skins in H:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS.Liveries\

They All load up fine.

Though a few weeks back I ran into a issue some liveries I downloaded from the DCS User Files section had errors in the description LUA and caused problems,

In Mission Editor when Changing Liveries (Textures wouldnt load properly) and caused DCS to Crash even when using default liveries when loading mission.

Especially F-86 Liveries, Im not sure if its a call for the cockpit textures or not, since those should all be separate now,. But the 3 Liveries I had issues w/ had Lines for the Dark RCAF Cockpit Textures.

Most of the AC were updated to allow custom cockpit textures selected via Options menu (ie Localized, Re-Painted, etc).

Best Advice for this problem is to remove all liveries, and add them back groups at a time, But I'd Remove any that have custom cockpit textures called in the description.lua first

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

... Best Advice for this problem is to remove all liveries, and add them back groups at a time, But I'd Remove any that have custom cockpit textures called in the description.lua first

Hello,

Thanks a lot for the answer, will do as you suggest :)

Best regards

I think Custom Cockpits now should be for example:

/DCS.Liveries/Cockpit_F-86F Sabre/<Cockpit Name>/description.lua or in the /mod/<aircraft>/Liveries/Cockpit_<AIRCRAFT>/ Folder

After work today I'm going to look at that, pretty sure cockpit and incorrect material assignments in those liveries are the problem.

Edited by SkateZilla

There might be a Limit, I'm Not entirely sure.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Thanks a lot for the answer, will do as you suggest :)

Best regards

Hello,

Sorry for not updating this issue ... you were right, I had on my collection a couple of skins that triggered this problem with the mission editor. I've many skins, so it took a while to locate them :)

I took a look at the description.lua of these skins, but couldnt see what was wrong with them ... so I just deleted them from my skins folder and now my DCS is working fine again.

Thanks a lot for this great Mod ... I'm glad that it now doesn't trigger the Integrity Check, as I'm starting to use the Multiplayer DCS.

Cheers!

• 3 months later...

Hello,

Just wanted to say that, after the recent change on how liveries are located by DCS World (see https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=190778) there is no longer a need for this module created by Skatezilla.

I've just stopped using it, storing instead all my Liveries on a single folder and then creating hard links to it from each one of my DCS "Saved Games" folder, using a command like this:

mklink /j Liveries E:\DCS.Liveries

where E:\DCS.Liveries is the folder where I store my liveries collection.

• 3 weeks later...

Can't seem to get this cockpit to load from special liveries folder.

"C:\DCS.Liveries\Flaming Cliffs\Liveries\Cockpit_F-15C\casper hd"

Is cockpits not possible to locate in Saved Games?

Entry.lua:

declare_plugin("Liveries Import",
{
installed 	 = true, 
dirName	  	 = current_mod_path,
version		 = "0.0.01 Alpha",		 
state		 = "installed",
info		 = _("Custom Liveries"),
})
---------------------------------------------------------
mount_vfs_liveries_path ("C:/DCS.Liveries/")
plugin_done()

Cockpit livery uses same liveries path as skin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't say this have been a success. Can you move one of your cockpits to "C:/DCS.Liveries/" and make it work? Please then post the link to the cockpit textures.

Moved all cockpits back to program folder, works, so for now I will continue to sync OB and OA folders.

• 2 months later...
Cockpit livery uses same liveries path as skin.

it's not working for me.

Custom cocpits appear in DCS Settings only if they are in game folder (not in Saved Games\)

...I got it! I Found mistake! And now all my custom cocpit works in Saved Games! :D

Edited by huligan

win10 21H2 | i5-4670K 4.5GHz | 16Гб DDR3 | MSI GTX1080ti GAMING X 11G | РУС vkb Gladiator Pro+РУД vkb Gametrix ECS+Пендали BRD-MS1 | Pico4 VR | | https://vk.com/paraplan_mkp

Can you please share your solution, all my cockpit mods don't work in DCS.Liveries folder

My entry.lua

{

installed = true,

dirName = current_mod_path,

version = "0.0.01 Alpha",

state = "installed",

info = _("Custom Liveries"),

})

mount_vfs_liveries_path ("F:/DCS.Liveries/")

plugin_done()

And when I copy/paste my "Cockpit_L-39C" in DCS.Liveries, it is not in the list in "Special" in DCS.

Work fine when I copy "Cockpit_L-39C" in ...\Saved Games\DCS\Liveries :cry:

Edited by Morpheus

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

Can you please share your solution, all my cockpit mods don't work in DCS.Liveries folder

My entry.lua

{

installed = true,

dirName = current_mod_path,

version = "0.0.01 Alpha",

state = "installed",

info = _("Custom Liveries"),

})

mount_vfs_liveries_path ("F:/DCS.Liveries/")

plugin_done()

And when I copy/paste my "Cockpit_L-39C" in DCS.Liveries, it is not in the list in "Special" in DCS.

Work fine when I copy "Cockpit_L-39C" in ...\Saved Games\DCS\Liveries :cry:

My cocpits works in DCS\Liveries\ too

in DCS.Liveries folder I have only the homemade custom skins of airplanes.Not cocpits! and not official skin mod

Edited by huligan

win10 21H2 | i5-4670K 4.5GHz | 16Гб DDR3 | MSI GTX1080ti GAMING X 11G | РУС vkb Gladiator Pro+РУД vkb Gametrix ECS+Пендали BRD-MS1 | Pico4 VR | | https://vk.com/paraplan_mkp

Hi,

I stopped using this Mod when I realized that I could just insert a hard link on saved games that points to wherever I have my liveries folder ... see here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3240816&postcount=39

I've just tried a cockpit for the L-39 (only one I found is a chinese one) and it works fine, as you can see on the pics.

More details about the hard links:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=190778

Best regards

l39_cock2.jpg.3acdf9c2d7235f343fcd0416e91a1374.jpg

l39_cock1.jpg.6bf3f0b07a8f5f100b4ef4a72662eb0f.jpg