MiG-15 start up issues? Check here for final solution (ver 1.2.16)

Chimango

Hi all, i keep seeing posts in forum from people not being able to start this bird so here is my little contribution. Some videos out there are outdated and won´t always work. There is one procedure that is always going to work under this version, but you have to follow it step by step, in the exact order shown here don´t get too creative please :smartass: , just follow it:

Start up procedure

1. Turn generator ON (right switch panel) If you turn more switches on at this point, sometimes will probably not start up in multiplayer.

2. Ask for ground electrical power (Comm menu=>F8=>F2=>F1) When is ON green lights from landing gear will show up. Time to go to step 3

3. Turn ON the following 4 switches from left switch panel: ignition switch, instruments light switch, fuel transfer pump switch, fuel booster pump switch

4. Remove engine starter cover

5. Make sure your throttle is all the way down (idle) Press engine starter and keep it pressed until you hear engine starting noise (2 seconds approx). RPMs will increase (check gauge).

6. At 600 rpm open fuel shutoff valve at 50% (pressing HOME key just once). When it reaches 1150 rpm and stucks there, press rightSHIFT + HOME once to fully open shutoff valve.

7. Turn ON all remaining switches on the right switch panel. Battery included or you can also turn battery on after step 8, here is the same, not big deal.

8. Ask ground crew to disconnect electrical power (Comm menu=>F8=>F2=>F2)

9. Now you have your engine running and basic switches too; from now on just follow the procedure shown on many guides; close cockpit; pressurize it; open oxigen supply valve; set pitot hetaer ON; unlock landing gear, etc, etc. You have a good guide made by Charly Owl where you find pictures from all panels and switches and everything you need here=> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20586543/DCS%20MiG-15bis%20Guide.pdf And you can say thanks to Charly Owl here=> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=140213

10. Now thank me, worship me, invite me to your house, let me french kiss your girlfriend and above all buy me a TrackIR 5 cause i'm a poor bast*** from Argentina and can´t afford one. Cheers mates!

And here is the short video for it. I hope you don´t mind my english and weirdness

Have a nice flight!

:pilotfly:

Edited by Chimango

666GIAP_Chimanov - My Tomcat tribute video, type on youtube browser=> "DCS F-14 Tomcat Symphony"

Nice vid. I thought start-up issues were related only to multiplayer, until I tried to start the engine yesterday in SP, for the first time with all circuit breakers on (I usually set only a few of them on) and indeed, the engine igniters refused to work.

Then I flipped only the important breakers and voila - engine started right away.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.