Making SAM sites not fire (only emit radar)

Casimir06

This might seem a strange question, given the nature of DCS, but I'm working on a series of missions that have a build up to hostilities rather than starting out in a full scale conflict.

So, basically, is it possible to get a SAM site to NOT lock and NOT fire yet still emit a radar signal that's picked up by the player's EW system? I'm assuming (as I haven't tested it yet) that I could do that by simply removing the actual SAM missile launchers from a site, but I'd prefer to leave the entire SAM site intact if possible.

You can simply place radars without launchers if you feel you’ll never want a site to go Weapons Free...

Yes, which is how I initially was thinking of doing this, but I have a large number of SAM sites on the "base" map, which is the one I'm using as a template for all the missions in question. So I'd much rather have the entire SAM site there and just make them passive (so to speak) so I can simply make them active in later missions rather than having to go through and add a whole bunch of launchers later.

Yes, which is how I initially was thinking of doing this, but I have a large number of SAM sites on the "base" map, which is the one I'm using as a template for all the missions in question. So I'd much rather have the entire SAM site there and just make them passive (so to speak) so I can simply make them active in later missions rather than having to go through and add a whole bunch of launchers later.

Makes perfect sense...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Turn off your launchers by using "UNIT AI OFF" that way each individual launcher can be turned off and then turned back on again by a trigger.

That's another option... and after thinking about it for a moment it actually makes me think of a couple of really good uses for that option outside of this issue.

Thanks!