Bug: G-force bumping

Lixma 06

Strange one this - filed under the category 'once you see it you can't un-see it'

As you pass through different strengths of G your pilot gets a 'kick in the backside'. When you hit 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G etc the pilot bounces in his seat. This is not plane-specific.

Best to see it in action....In the video I gently enter a turn and gradually increase the G-load...

And you'll also notice that as the G-load decreases the pilot bounces all the way back down again 5G, 4G, 3G...etc.

• 2 months later...

Any official word on this subject? The phenomenon is also present in the F/A-18C module and the Mirage 2000.

The "bumps" are present over whole G values as -2, -1, 0, 1, 2, 3 and so on. Affects either positive and negative Gs exactly as described by OP. Switching off camera movement by G forces in the cockpit is not a solution as the issue seems to be on the flight dynamics itself and you can feel it with whatever setting you are on.

I got paranoid it was something to do with my joystick a few weeks ago, but it turned out it was this bizarre issue.

Edited by Czar66
adding another module's name

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 1/6/2022 at 10:34 PM, Flappie said:

I cannot reproduce this issue. Please attach a track.

Sorry @Flappie, I didn't realise you'd replied. TRK attached. 'Head Movement by G-Forces' must be on in Misc. options (The bumping is still present with 'head movement' off, too - it's just much harder to see and so isn't an issue)

Here's a new video where it's easy to see. Keep an eye on the G-meter and watch the pilot bucking up and down as I try to maintain a 2G turn.

g-bumping.trk

Edited by Lixma 06
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Flappie said:

OK, I see it on my end now, as clear as day. Thanks. I'll ask devs about this.

Thanks! If you get a chance, ask them if the 'Head movement' option will ever get the ability to adjust the intensity via a .CFG edit or a 'slider'. It's a very old feature and I'm not sure if it's popular enough to warrant any further work, but I find having it turned off makes everything feel a bit dead, while having it on it get's a bit too 'wallowy'.

36 minutes ago, Lixma 06 said:

Thanks! If you get a chance, ask them if the 'Head movement' option will ever get the ability to adjust the intensity via a .CFG edit or a 'slider'. It's a very old feature and I'm not sure if it's popular enough to warrant any further work, but I find having it turned off makes everything feel a bit dead, while having it on it get's a bit too 'wallowy'.

OK, I'll make a request.

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.