Inside the Nimitz Class Carrier

Are those tool machines actually usable in the toolshop, didn't knew these things have such a serious machine shop there.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Are those tool machines actually usable in the toolshop, didn't knew these things have such a serious machine shop there.

I didn't watch the whole video yet but I did look up that part.

What I found most noticable was the amount of machines cramped into a fairly small room.

On most commercial ships (which I'm very familiar with) in roughly the same size class as the Nimitz, the workshop has similar tools but less of them (e.g. 1 lathe instead of 3/4).

The purpose of a workshop is that you have to be able to do basic repairs (and a bit above basic ;)) while at sea. On a large commercial vessel this could include changing a cylinder head or liner, but also repairing leakages etc.

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3