Eagle Dynamics @ E3 Discussion and Media

Coxy_99

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone is having fun going Mach 2 down LV Blvd at the moment.

Id be doing a Tact. Demo for Nellis, but thats just me..

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

İ think the reason they show the only stick is they haven't get any yet.i Mean throttle is not ready.Without throttle its useless.

They specifically said it would be an add on stick, not a whole new HOTAS system.

The A-10/Hornet/Eagle HOTAS are close enough that close enough is close enough.

İ think the reason they show the only stick is they haven't get any yet.i Mean throttle is not ready.Without throttle its useless.

I agree, I really can't imagine playing DCS hornet with an original F/A-18C hornet stick but with an A-10C throttle

Yeah, only women there now are probably better virtual pilots than most of us :D

Its LA...anything is possible!

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

F18 at e3 game play

interesting,The Author of the video's comments on YouTube......

"Some info I gathered by talking to Wags;

-The module was running on DCS 2.2 and had wonderful

-HUD and Canopy glass. HUD was bright and visible.

-SFX for the Hornet uses all new SFX.

- MFCD functionality was very limited as those portions are very much a work in progress.

-Flight model was solid and felt like a mix between the F-15C and the Su-27. Unknown if the flight model is still a big work in progress.

- Other demo players used rockets, aim-9s, aim-7s and guns.

- Did not see any usage of BVR systems, remember this is a very simple demo for E3 attendees who are not really into flight sims.

-Wags said I can do carrier stuff tomorrow so please stay tuned for that!

"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Performance on that video was great. Very smooth for VR. Wonder if it's because they are running a newer build of DCS, or perhaps a stripped down version of Normandy?

Probably a combination of that and using beefy PCs.

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

Performance on that video was great. Very smooth for VR. Wonder if it's because they are running a newer build of DCS, or perhaps a stripped down version of Normandy?

That is exactly what I asked myself, too. Maybe the shown version 2.2 has better performance than the actual Alpha (hope so;)).

Edited by ram0506

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

interesting,The Author of the video's comments on YouTube......

"Some info I gathered by talking to Wags;

-The module was running on DCS 2.2 and had wonderful

-HUD and Canopy glass. HUD was bright and visible.

-SFX for the Hornet uses all new SFX.

- MFCD functionality was very limited as those portions are very much a work in progress.

-Flight model was solid and felt like a mix between the F-15C and the Su-27. Unknown if the flight model is still a big work in progress.

- Other demo players used rockets, aim-9s, aim-7s and guns.

- Did not see any usage of BVR systems, remember this is a very simple demo for E3 attendees who are not really into flight sims.

-Wags said I can do carrier stuff tomorrow so please stay tuned for that!

"

Very cool, I didn't think we would get to see any carrier stuff. I thought carrier ops would come quite a bit later than early access on the F-18. Figured they'd bring the carriers in with Strait of Hormuz.

I would imagine there's still a lot of work left to be done on the air-to-ground radar.

I assume the Carrier's will be a separate Module like the WWII Asset Pack.

Originally it was going to be it's own module anyway.

I wont mind that as long as it follows 2 rules.

1. It needs to be multiplayer accessible, and it should not split between those who have and those who have nots.

2. To make the product worth it, IMO it needs to have some extra functions for those who have it, There was this mod that some one made that had basic controls over ships, ability for manual control for ships to shoot tomahawk missiles and navigate, having something like that with a decent interface will be worth the price. those who have the carrier should be able to get some sort of GCI "battle command" view thats well integrated. It Does not have to be a full sim just enough to make it an interesting product and for SP use.

Edited by sirscorpion